The Human Touch AcuTouch HT 9500x Recliner with Rotating Ottoman was created to redefine elegance, relaxation and comfort. Having premium upholstery, this stylish massage chair showcases a multitude of auto-massage programs inspired by wellness experts.
The HT 9500x is manufactured by Human Touch, one of our favorite brands on the site when it comes to durability and design.
Human Touch has been developing multi-patented systems that replicate techniques utilized by massage professionals for over 35 years. Being the top supplier of massage chairs in the U.S., Human Touch combines advanced technology with beautiful design. The company started garnering Design Journal Awards for Design Excellence (ADEX) since 2011 and has never looked back ever since.
AcuTouch 9500x Specs
- Color: Black, Espresso
- Dimension when reclined: 80″L X 38″W X 26″H
- Seat dimensions: 21″ W X 21″ L
- Maximum footrest load weight: 88 lbs
- Maximum Recline Angle: 170°
- Distance to Wall: 20″
- Weight: 245 lbs
- Weight in box: 275 lbs
- Minimum Distance from Wall: 16 inches
- Power Consumption: 210 watts
User Height Range: 6’5″ (not official; based on customer feedback)
User Max Weight: 285 lbs (129 kg)
The warranty period of the HT 9500x lasts 5 years.
The HT 9500x has the following features:
- Premium Leather Upholstery
- Contoured-Comfort Neck Pillow: Provides Maximum Comfort
- Massage Comfort Control: You can utilize this control to customize your ideal massage intensity. This can also be used to create an ideal seating experience with superb comfort and relaxation.
- 8-Point Pulsating Seat Massage System: You can choose a designed program that would be ideal for your needs – Sports & Back Therapy, Full Body Sore Muscle Relief, Leg / Hip / Foot Therapy, Shoulder / Neck Relief, Morning Wake-Up, Night-Time Shooting and After- Work Stretch
- AcuPoint Detection System: To guarantee a targeted and effective massage, this system scans the whole length of the back then maps key pressure points for targeting during the customized massage
- Dual-Lumbar Back Heat: Two heat modules will warm the muscles on your lower back and gradually lessen tightness and pain. Because heat calms back muscles, you will be assisted with faster healing and more restorative massage.
- Visco-Elastic Memory Foam Set: Perfect for relaxing and comfortable seating.
- Extendable Foot-and-Calf Massaging Ottoman: Massaging calves in a rolling, upward motion, the multi-speed unit forces blood away from the feet towards the core of the body which then allows fresh, nutrient rich blood to re-enter the calves and feet for healing and comfort.
- Ottoman Fully Retracts When Not Being Used
Fits small to large users
It’s hard to design a massage chair that fits different body types but somehow, the manufacturer has done it. People over 6 feet and over 200 pounds fit comfortably in this chair, and it’s just as comfortable for more petite people and older children.
Amazing massage experience
As can be expected from the AcuPoint detection system and the massage programs, the 9500x delivers high-quality massage that justifies its tag price. It truly delivers on the pain relief promise and pays for itself when compared to going to a professional masseuse or spa on a regular basis.
Responsive customer support
Human Touch has a dedicated customer support service based in the US that addresses customer concerns. The company has been around for 35 years and always make it a point to highlight their support department.
This model has been discontinued
This chair has already been discontinued. I personally think it’s because it has some fatal flaws which a handful of unsatisfied customers reported:
- untimely shut-offs
- shortened massage cycles
- the massage chair back needs to be replaced after several months of use
- motor shaft is made of plastic rather than a stronger material
Because the chair has been discontinued, you can no longer get parts and you can’t ask for a replacement from the manufacturer.
For those who are interested in this chair
Overall, it’s a great chair… when it works. The massage experience is what you would expect from a premium chair. It comes with bells and whistles too like heat and foot vibration.
The problem is that in the case of some buyers, their massage chair started displaying similar problems. Trust us when we say that Human Touch is a brand known for durability so the performance of the 9500x is definitely NOT ON PAR with their other models. Again, this would most likely explain why it is no longer being sold in the Human Touch website.
You can still buy this chair from Amazon but we don’t recommend it. Instead, we’d encourage you instead to:
- Check out the better Human Touch models
- Go through our Top 10 Best Massage Chair list
- Check out our all-year round bestseller, the Kahuna LM6800
(The Kahuna is a budget chair though and if you have real dough to spend, please check out the Luraco or the Inadas in our top massage chair list.)
For 9500x owners who are having issues
If you bought one and are having trouble with it, here are your options:
- Go to the Human Touch website and contact them directly. The direct link is HERE. You can call or email. Please note that they have no weekend support so take that into consideration if you submit a report on a Friday.
- Leave a feedback on the Amazon product page. They’ve responded on there to negative feedback. You’d be told to contact them (same info that you would get from their support page) but it should make some difference that you gave feedback on a public platform. (Just be sure to update your feedback if they give you amazing service after.)
- Because this model has been discontinued, parts won’t be available. They also can’t give you a replacement for the same chair. Instead, negotiate for a swap if you got it new or a big discount on a replacement if you’ve had your chair for awhile. You don’t lose anything by attempting to negotiate.
- Material: The HT-9500 full body massage chair is made of premium leather and memory foam
- Elevating and extendable foot-and-calf massager fully converts into ottoman
- AcuPoint detection system scans the entire length of the back, mapping key pressure points to target
Last update on 2021-01-18 at 17:58 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API / More info
OWAYS 3D Massage Chair Review
Oways has created a beautiful piece of furniture that doubles as a recliner and a massage chair. Let's see how it measures up as the latter.
Inada Flex 3S Review
Top-notch design and comfort and superb features make the Inada Flex 3S one of our favorite massage chairs - read our comprehensive review for more detail.
Esright Recliner Review
The Esright recliner is an elegant-looking chair that's super affordable. It's got cool bonus features and one rather major dealbreaker. Read our full review!
Osaki OS 4000T Review
The upgraded Osaki OS 4000T is better than its predecessor and you should consider this model if you're looking for a mid-priced massage chair.
Kahuna SM-7300 Review
The Kahuna SM-7300 is a feature-rich chair that has a mid-tier price tag. Read our honest review that goes against most glowing reviews on this model.
Is It Safe To Use A Massage Chair While Pregnant?
Is it okay to use a massage chair while pregnant? Find out if it's okay for you to get on a massage chair or if you should avoid one for the next few months.