What Is An Ionic Detox Foot bath?
A detox foot bath is a foot spa that, rather than using bubbles to soothe away the aches and pains of being on your feet all day, instead uses water charged with positive and negative ions – electrolytes – which draw toxins in your body out through your feet through a process of exchange between the positive and negative ions in your body, and their opposite numbers in the water.
It is this exchange of ions that causes the water in the ionic foot bath to change color, and the color of the water reflects the cause of the toxins.
What Are Toxins?
“Toxins” refer to anything that impairs the optimal functioning of the body. This could be anything from alcohol to the residue of unhealthy sweat – the kind caused by stress, rather than exercise.
What Do The Colors of an Ionic Detox Chart Mean?
The different colors of the water are said to reflect the areas of the body affected, and the kind of toxins being released.
- White particles that look like cheese: this reflects yeast being drawn from the body. Yeast occurs naturally in the human body, but, in excess, can become infected.
- White foam substance: this reflects toxins being drawn from the lymphatic system. The lymphatic system includes the lymph nodes, and is the body’s drainage system, drawing toxins away from muscles and vital organs, and storing them until they can be released by sweat or excretion.
- Red: this reflects blood clots being dispersed within the body.
- Orange: this reflects issues with, or toxins building up around, the joints.
- Yellowish green: this reflects toxins being drawn from the female reproductive system, the urinary tract, the kidneys, or the prostate gland.
- Dark green: this reflects gallbladder issues.
- Brown: this reflects toxins being drawn from the lungs – for example, tar from cigarettes, or atmospheric pollutants.
- Black specks: this reflects the presence of heavy metal toxins being drawn from the body.
- Black: this reflects problems with the liver. Toxins that affect the liver include alcohol, as well as fat from red meat.
What to Expect from an Ionic Detox Foot bath
Firstly, the process of having a detox bath is simple and painless.
You place your feet in the water with the appropriate levels of ions and charges as described above and let and let the spa do the work. A foot spa allows you to do this at your own pace and relax at the same time. It can even be used at home.
It’s not painful or uncomfortable in any way. The treatment takes around 20-30 minutes and is a safe process. If you are having your first session you will be very interested when the water starts changing color. But don’t be alarmed, you can assess the results after and there is nothing to be concerned about.
Health Benefits of an Ionic Detox Foot bath
Some of the various health benefits of a foot detox includes:
- Improves the body’s lymph circulation, similar to a Swedish massage
- Helps reduce and relieve migraines and headaches
- Can help improve and clear up skin conditions
- Increases natural energy levels
- Helps improve quality of sleep and relaxation
- Boost immune function and fights off viruses
- Relieves muscle and joint pain and swelling
- Can assist weight loss
There have been a lot of studies and investigation into the effects of ionic foot baths. The therapy is known to be an effective way to cleanse the body of bad toxins. The therapy leaves people feeling rejuvenated and energized.
While an ionic foot bath detox is not designed to cure medical conditions, it can be useful in drawing attention to potential problem areas. As part of a full health care regime, including consultation with qualified medical professionals, an ionic foot bath can be both relaxing and potentially helpful.
Last update on 2017-07-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API