Hey guys! After talking about how salt lamps are the best thing since sliced bread, let’s go on to the best salt lamps to buy.
Where do you buy your salt lamps from?
I’ve gotten this question a lot. I’ve lost count of how many salt lamps I’ve given out as gifts to clients, relatives, and friends. Not only are they my favorite thing, they’re also really a good gift to give to loved ones as evidenced by great reviews from my giftees.
So, if you’re looking for a Himalayan salt lamp for your own home, or wanting to give one out as a gift, check out my personal preferences.
7 Recommended Himalayan Salt Lamps
When I first discovered salt lamps, all I knew were the raw crystals. Later, I discovered that they come in many shapes and forms. Some of my favorites show surprising craftsmanship. I guarantee that after buying your first salt lamp, you’ll find you’ll want more for your home.
1 – WBM Himalayan Salt Lamp
This is hands down my most trusted source for Himalayan salt lamps. They held the crown for #1 Best Seller in Household Salt Lamps for years and these lamps fly off the shelves.
Now, while positive reviews always inspire buyer trust, what really sold me on the WB salt lamps was how I always got a 100% genuine Himalayan salt lamp for each and every purchase. And I’ve bought so many I should already have a loyalty card!
When it comes to salt lamps, you have to be wary of imitations. There are so many knock-offs out there, it’s crazy. If this is your first salt lamp purchase, start here so you know you’re getting a legit product.
- It’s got a dimmable switch which is ultra handy for when you just want a dim glow. Simply turn the dial to go back to the brightest setting. (We amp it up when my GF and I are feeling sick or when my “sneezy” nephew comes over.)
- I already talked about how it cleanses a room of pollutants but here’s some good news for pet owners. It can rid you of the strong smell of “kitty anointments“. Now you don’t need to be dubbed the smelly crazy cat lady anymore.
- Great for sinus problems and asthma sufferers. My favorite testimonial on the WB Himalayan salt lamp product page is one customer’s story about how putting salt lamps in the room helped his 99-year-old father-in-law with COPD.
- This particular brand has a good track record unlike the horror stories from some other distributors which range from broken or used junk or fire hazards to outright fakes.
- Just the typical cons for a salt lamp: they are heavy and will ‘weep’ when exposed to high humidity. (Simply leave it always on if this happens so that it dries out.)
Back in 2016, it seemed the company had a problem with weak wiring on their products but the issue has since been fixed as evidenced by succeeding good reviews and my own purchases.
- Hand Made Himalayan Salt Lamp: Professionally hand-carved Himalayan rock salt from Pakistan, when lit, the lamp radiates a warm, amber...
- Perfect Gift Choice: With it's gorgeous Look, it makes the perfect gift for any Holiday, Valentine's Day, birthdays, graduations, and...
- Neem Wooden Base: Comes with 100% Natural Neem Wooden Base. Naturally Antibacterial, Better than other wooden materials. It is more...
Last update on 2019-01-20 at 11:12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API / More info
2 – HemingWeigh Tea Lights
If you don’t want to break your budget but still want to try out Himalayan salt rocks, try getting a tea light first. This is basically a candle holder and you put a tea light into it. When the salt rock is warmed, the ionizing effect happens and you get all the benefits you would similarly get from a regular Himalayan salt lamp.
For those who don’t like a naked flame, it’s possible to use electric tea lights – as long as they get hot enough.
This is Amazon’s Choice for meditation candles.
- The cavity for the tea light is deep so there’s no danger of the candles dislodging accidentally.
- Cheaper than a regular Himalayan salt lamp
- Very sturdy
- Brings a beautiful ambiance to a room
- They came out bigger than I expected when I first ordered a pack
- As with any Himalayan salt lamp, it weeps in a humid room.
- Unless you’re using electric tea lamps, you can’t leave it on all the time to avoid the weeping and the puddling. (This isn’t a problem in non-humid rooms, though.)
- HIMALAYAN CANDLE HOLDER - Himalayan Salt Candle Holders are unique - The holders are minded and chipped by hand in the Himalayan Mountains....
- HOME DÉCOR - Himalayan Salt Candle Holders are perfect for the design-conscious home. It will fit right at the center of a coffee table,...
- PURPOSE - Enjoy the incandescent flicker and natural properties of these unique salt crystal candle holders. The timeless natural shape of...
Last update on 2019-01-20 at 13:31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API / More info
3 – WBM Salt Chunks and Basket
If you want a more elegant style for your Himalayan salt, you can check out Himalayan salt chunks in metal baskets or holders. The holders are usually elegantly ornate and the smaller chunks of Himalayan salt look very pretty sitting in the metal baskets.
The effect is still the same and you get all the benefits you would get from a regular Himalayan salt lamp.
This is Amazon’s Choice for salt lamp basket.
- Value for money; this particular product is cheaper than a regular Himalayan salt lamp
- Very stylish and elegant; well constructed
- A great addition if you’re collecting all the salt lamp styles
- No bacon/caustic smoky smell for the holder unlike one other brand I purchased from (which I returned PDQ)
- You might experience minor problems with the bulb and the dimmer switch. If you do, contact their customer support for a replacement lamp.
- Accent home decor: to accent the natural beauty of the salt crystals, we've housed them in a decorative metal vase, perfect for the...
- Each salt lamp is designed to be artwork built to bring warmth to your mind, body and spirit
- Mothers day gifts - are you looking for a mom gift this mother's dayhere comes the best gift we selected for you! showing everyone she's the...
Last update on 2019-01-21 at 00:39 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API / More info
4 – AMIR Salt Lamp Plug-in
After collecting all sizes and colors of Himalayan salt lamps and getting a couple of the salt chunks in beautiful metal holders, I discovered these night lights. In the beginning, I didn’t see the whole point. However, after stubbing my toes too often in the dark and finding only ugly night lights in the stores, I thankfully remembered these beautiful crystal night lights.
Just look at these photos. They seriously add something to a room. I personally like the beauty of raw unpolished rock.
- Great as a night light for a cozy room you like to spend quiet evenings or for a child’s bedroom (especially for one with allergies)
- Each order gets you a unique color and glow which can be exciting when you’ve ordered several for different rooms and they light up with their unique luminescense
- Small and handy; the plug-ins are a good option if you can’t have a table top Himalayan salt lamp
- You need a sturdy wall socket that can can firmly support the device or else the lamp will wobble from its heavy weight
- You might have the misfortune of getting your bulb busted during delivery. If this happens, simply contact the seller for a replacement bulb
- 【Special Material】 Hand selected from the Himalayan Mountains, each of the salt lights is made from highest quality-AA level salt...
- 【Air Purifier 】 Natural Himalayan salt lamps work as "Natural negative ion generator". When heated, it emits negative ions that fight...
- 【Unique Lighting Ambience 】With its unique color, AMIR salt lamps will emit a warm and calming amber glow to your room and offer better...
Last update on 2019-01-20 at 22:12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API / More info
5 – TomCare Salt Lamp Plug-in (Polished)
My seller-of-choice for plug-ins used to sell both the raw jaggedy crystals and the polished rocks but they’ve been unavailable lately so I’ve been forced to order from other sellers. The products are still great, if not better, but I’ve ended up buying from different sources if I want either unpolished or polished crystals. (When giving them out as gifts, I take into consideration the personality of my giftee so I know which they’d like better.)
TomCare sells quality salt lamp plug-ins that come in polished or smooth form. I like unpolished rocks but I have to admit, the polished crystals also have their own beauty and attractiveness.
- All the pros I mentioned about plugin lights
- The polished crystal gives an elegant vibe
- There are three prongs on this light so there is no tilting which is the common problem with plug-in lights
- Responsive seller, especially if you get a broken bulb
- If you want a warm orange light, you may get disappointed if you get a lighter color rock
- High Quality -- Made of high purity of natural Himalayan salt crystals, which are imported from Pakistan, hand mined in the Himalayan...
- Special Function -- Natural negative generator- releases negative ions into the air to balance the quantity of positive ions and absorb...
- Convenient Design -- Cordless design - no cords to trip over or extra space needed; UL certificated plug - adjusts 360 degrees around for...
Last update on 2019-01-20 at 22:12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API / More info
6 – Crystal Allies Globe Sphere
If you are not attracted to the raw beauty of the regular Himalayan salt lamps, you can try out this salt sphere instead. It looks like a glowing planet. This is perfect for sci-fi buffs or as a gift for geeky kids.
This is Amazon’s Choice for sphere salt lamp.
- The round glowing globe is stunningly pretty and is a big hit with children
- Comes with a 15 watt bulb that can really fill up a room with light. If you want to buy a bulb with lower wattage, just make sure the lamp is still getting warm as that’s when you get the benefits from your salt lamp.
- The 6 foot cord is UL listed
- The wood base is sturdy and comes with three ports
- There are reports that some units shipped with a busted bulb
- Quantity: 1 Piece Salt Lamp w/ 6ft UL-Listed Cord & Dimmable Rotary Switch, 15-Watt Light Bulb and Authentic Crystal Allies Certified Stone...
- Lamp Size: 4.5" x 4.5"
- 100% ALL-NATURAL HANDCRAFTED: Himalayan Salt mined from natural sources. Each globe-shaped salt lamp is unique and you will receive one...
Last update on 2019-01-20 at 22:22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API / More info
7 – Crystal Litez Handcrafted Bowl
I rushed to update this article when I stumbled upon this Himalayan artisan crystal bowl. It stands out from the other rather generic crystals I’ve been ordering because of the eye-popping designs.
If you love bright colors and designs or love handcrafted things then you can’t go wrong here.
- Very unique and unforgettable design options
- You’ll have fun picking out a particular design for a friend (or yourself); I got the pineapple!
- If you use essential oil, you can add a couple of drops of EO on top of the crystals
- Responsive seller
- Not as big as the pictures may lead you to believe
- UPGRADED NEW DESIGNS:We have taken all your reviews very seriously and upgraded Himalayan CrystalLitez.It is now bigger, thicker and better...
- DOZENS OF WONDERFUL DESIGN OPTIONS: for everyone and every place.Truly handmade by the artisans.You will see all unique patterns and art...
- 100% AUTHENTIC AND HAND MINED SALT CRYSTALS :from The Salt Mines of Himalaya Mountains.Your Salt Rocks are Roughly 250 million Years...
Last update on 2019-01-20 at 22:52 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API / More info
Believe it or not, I stumbled upon MORE designs. Will update soon!