Hey guys! After talking about how salt lamps are the best thing since sliced bread, let’s go on to the best salt lamps to buy.
Where do you buy your salt lamps from? What’s the best salt lamp to buy?
I’ve gotten this question a lot. I’ve lost count of how many salt lamps I’ve given out as gifts to clients, relatives, and friends. Not only are they my favorite thing, they’re also really a good gift to give to loved ones especially those who are suffering from respiratory problems or allergies. It’s such a great feeling when they get back to me and rave how their sneezing / coughing / morning symptoms have all but disappeared.
So, if you’re looking for a Himalayan salt lamp for your own home, or wanting to give one out as a gift, check out my personal preferences.
- 12 Best Salt Lamps To Buy Online
- 1 – Best Overall: Levoit Himalayan Salt Lamp
- 2 – Best Tea Lights: greenco
- 3 – Best Salt Chunks in Basket: WBM
- 4 – Best Plug-in: AMIR
- 5 – Best Globe Sphere: Crystal Allies
- 6 – Best Artisan Bowl: Crystal Litez Handcrafted
- Frequently Asked Questions About Salt Lamps
- Where to buy Himalayan salt lamps?
- Do salt lamps actually work?
- How do I choose a Himalayan salt lamp?
- How do I know if my salt lamp is real?
- What are the benefits of a Himalayan salt lamp?
- Are salt lamps toxic?
- Do you keep Himalayan salt lamps on all the time?
- Is it good to sleep with a Himalayan salt lamp on?
- What is the best size Himalayan salt lamp?
- What size bulbs do salt lamps use?
12 Best Salt Lamps To Buy Online
Salt lamps come in a surprising array of shapes, forms, and craftsmanship. Beginner collectors might think of raw and unpolished crystals only and that’s fine. Even in this form, these crystals already come in a huge array of beautiful sizes and colors. But there’s more. Himalayan salt lamps can be bought polished, made into tea lights, or placed in metal baskets. Check these out.
1 – Best Overall: Levoit Himalayan Salt Lamp
If you’ve been following our site for the last few years, you’d know that we have stayed with one brand of Himalayan salt lamps. However, the Levoit salt lamps came out and they’ve been my brand of choice ever since. The build is simply superior and has made my worries about fire hazards almost non-existent.
If you ever ordered or bought a shoddy salt lamp and then gotten your hands on one of these high quality Levoit salt lamps, you’ll be able to tell the difference immediately. They’re not the #1 Himalayan salt lamps on Amazon for nothing. And the reviews are genuine, too.
- Unlike other salt lamps that have cheap dimmer switches, Levoit uses a much better dimmer switch. It is big and works by touch. One tap turns it on and off. A prolonged hold either dims or brightens the light. (We amp it up when my GF and I are feeling sick or when my “sneezy” nephew comes over.)
- Apart from the negative ions that provide health benefits, here’s some good news for pet owners. It can rid you of the strong smell of “kitty anointments“. Now you don’t need to be dubbed the smelly crazy cat lady anymore.
- Great for sinus problems and asthma sufferers. My favorite testimonial on the product page is one customer’s story about how putting salt lamps in the room helped his 99-year-old father-in-law with COPD.
- This particular brand has a good track record unlike the horror stories from some other distributors which range from broken or used junk or fire hazards to outright fakes.
- The packaging is gorgeous. This is a big plus if you are giving them out as gifts as I normally do. (Christmas is around the corner, people!)
- Comes with 1 year warranty and lifetime support
- Just the typical cons for a salt lamp: they are heavy and will ‘weep’ when exposed to high humidity. (Simply leave it always on if this happens so that it dries out.)
See it in action in this video below:
- AUTHENTIC HIMALAYAN SALT LAMP - Every Levoit himalayan salt rock is hand made from Pakistan, it's 100% pure and of the highest quality. For...
- PERFECT GIFT CHOICE - Come with beautiful red gift box, Levoit kana salt lamps are thoughtful gifts for your loved ones,especially for...
- LARGER SIZE FOR ANY SPACE - With 4-8 pounds weight, Levoit salt lamp is your perfect choice to light up your room. Its warm, amber glow is...
Last update on 2020-12-05 at 07:12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API / More info
2 – Best Tea Lights: greenco
If you don’t want to break your budget but still want to try out authentic Himalayan rock salt, try getting a tea light first. This is basically a candle holder and you put a small salt tea light into it. When the salt rock is warmed, the ionizing effect happens and you get all the benefits you would similarly get from a regular Himalayan salt lamp.
For those who don’t like a naked flame, it’s possible to use electric tea lights – as long as they get hot enough.
As home decor, these tea lights look best in your den, living room, or dining area. No two are alike. They are all different but complimentary. Time and time again, they provide a great conversation piece when guests are a-visiting.
This is Amazon’s Choice for Himalayan salt candle tea light .
- The cavity for the tea light is deep so there’s no danger of the candles dislodging accidentally.
- Cheaper than a regular Himalayan salt lamp
- Very sturdy
- Brings a beautiful ambiance to a room
- They came out bigger than I expected when I first ordered a pack
- As with any Himalayan salt lamp, it weeps in a humid room. This is natural especially when you remember that this light is essentially a big chunk of rock salt or pink salt.
- Unless you’re using electric tea lamps, you can’t leave it on all the time to avoid the weeping. (If you live in a non-humid climate, the weeping won’t be an issue.)
- Set of 2 Himalayan Hand crafted Crystal Salt tealight candle holders
- Produces a soft amber glow when lit for a soothing and romantic ambience
- Naturally cut and slightly Hand crafted to maintain its natural and uniqe shape
Last update on 2020-12-05 at 00:51 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API / More info
3 – Best Salt Chunks in Basket: WBM
If you want a more elegant style for your Himalayan salt, you can check out Himalayan salt chunks in metal baskets or holders. The holders are usually ornate and the smaller chunks of Himalayan salt look very pretty sitting in the metal baskets.
The effect is still the same and you get all the benefits you would get from a regular Himalayan salt lamp.
This is Amazon’s Choice for salt lamp basket.
- Value for money; these salt crystals are cheaper than a one-piece Himalayan salt lamp
- Very stylish and elegant; well constructed
- A great addition if you’re collecting all the salt lamp styles
- No bacon/caustic smoky smell for the holder unlike one other brand I purchased from (which I returned PDQ)
- You might experience minor problems with the bulb and the dimmer switch. If you do, contact their customer support for a replacement lamp.
- Himalayan Glow Round Basket Salt Lamp with Pink Salt Chunks are Made From Beautiful Pink Himalayan Salt that is Mined in the Foothills of...
- Perfect Gift Choice: Specially designed Gift Box to each Crystal, WBM Salt Lamps are thoughtful gift for your loved one's for every special...
- This Metal Basket is Corrosion Resistant and Durable. When You Turn on The Salt Lamp and It Will Glow Like a Flame.This Salt Basket Lamp is...
Last update on 2020-12-05 at 09:14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API / More info
4 – Best Plug-in: AMIR
After collecting all sizes and colors of the best Himalayan salt lamps and getting a couple of the salt chunks in beautiful metal holders, I discovered these Himalayan salt night lights. In the beginning, I didn’t see the whole point. However, after stubbing my toes too often in the dark and finding only ugly night lights in the stores, I thankfully remembered these beautiful crystal salt night lights.
Just look at these photos. They seriously add something to a room. I personally like the beauty of raw unpolished rock.
- Great as a night light for a cozy room you like to spend quiet evenings or for a child’s bedroom (especially for one with allergies)
- Each order gets you a unique color and warm glow which can be exciting when you’ve ordered several for different rooms and they light up with their unique luminescence. I’ve gotten my salt crystals in orange, pink, and white. The pink salt lamp is often a favorite.
- Small and handy; the plug-ins are a good option if you can’t have a table top Himalayan salt lamp
- You need a sturdy wall socket that can can firmly support the device or else the lamp will wobble from its heavy weight
- You might have the misfortune of getting your light bulb busted during delivery. If this happens, simply contact the seller for a replacement bulb
- No dimmer switch; just a simple on and off button
- ☀【Safety Guarantee】 If you receive broken bulbs, please contact us first. AMIR Salt Lamps enjoy 45 days money-back and one year...
- ☀【Special Material】 Hand selected from the Himalayan Mountains, each of the salt lights is made from highest quality-AA level salt...
- ☀【Air Purifier 】 Natural Himalayan salt lamps work as “Natural negative ion generator”. When heated, it emits negative ions that...
Last update on 2020-12-05 at 08:13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API / More info
5 – Best Globe Sphere: Crystal Allies
If you are not attracted to the raw beauty of the regular Himalayan salt lamps, you can try out this hand carved salt sphere instead. It looks like a glowing planet. This is perfect for sci-fi buffs or as a gift for geeky kids.
This is Amazon’s Choice for sphere salt lamp.
- The round glowing globe is stunningly pretty and is a big hit with children
- Comes with a 15 watt light bulb that can really fill up a room with light. If you want to buy a bulb with lower wattage, just make sure the lamp is still getting warm as that’s when you get the benefits from your salt lamp.
- The 6 foot cord is UL listed
- The wood base is sturdy and comes with three ports
- There are reports that some units shipped with a busted bulb
- Quantity: 1 Piece Salt Lamp w/ 6ft UL-Listed Cord & Dimmable Rotary Switch, 15-Watt Light Bulb and Authentic Crystal Allies Certified Stone...
- Lamp Size: 4.5" x 4.5"
- 100% ALL-NATURAL HANDCRAFTED: Himalayan Salt mined from natural sources. Each globe-shaped salt lamp is unique and you will receive one...
Last update on 2020-12-05 at 07:01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API / More info
6 – Best Artisan Bowl: Crystal Litez Handcrafted
I rushed to update this article when I stumbled upon this Himalayan artisan crystal bowl. It stands out from the other rather generic crystals I’ve been ordering because of the eye-popping hand-carved designs.
If you love bright colors and designs or love handcrafted things then you can’t go wrong here.
- Very unique and unforgettable design options
- You’ll have fun picking out a particular design for a friend (or yourself); I got the pineapple!
- If you use essential oil, you can add a couple of drops of EO on top of the crystals
- Responsive seller
- Not as big as the pictures may lead you to believe
- UPGRADED NEW DESIGNS:We have taken all your reviews very seriously and upgraded Himalayan CrystalLitez.It is now bigger, thicker and better...
- DOZENS OF WONDERFUL DESIGN OPTIONS: for everyone and every place.Truly handmade by the artisans.You will see all unique patterns and art...
- 100% AUTHENTIC AND HAND MINED SALT CRYSTALS :from The Salt Mines of Himalaya Mountains.Your Salt Rocks are Roughly 250 million Years...
Last update on 2020-12-05 at 07:12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API / More info
Frequently Asked Questions About Salt Lamps
Where to buy Himalayan salt lamps?
Nowadays, your best bet is buying in your favorite stores. Amazon has the widest range of Himalayan salt lamp sellers, but other big store chains like Walmart or Costco would have them, too.
Once we’re back to the old normal and you happen on a trade fair, make sure to check out the stalls, too. You can find some nice handcrafted or artisan salt lamps this way.
Do salt lamps actually work?
Science-backed articles state that a Himalayan crystal salt lamp does not give out enough negative ions to effectively and thoroughly clean air. That being said, there is an overwhelming amount of anecdotal evidence and testimonials from real people who have experienced relief by having salt lamps in their homes.
How do I choose a Himalayan salt lamp?
When buying a Himalayan salt lamp, make sure to avoid fakes, choose the right size crystal for your room, and check the electronics to ensure that it’s not a fire hazard. Nowadays, you can buy all types of crystal lamps ranging from raw unpolished rock with a wooden base, tea lights, rock crystals in metal baskets, plug-ins, carved artisanal creations, and even fairy lights.
How do I know if my salt lamp is real?
Your Himalayan salt lamp is real if it weeps in humid weather (creates a pool of salty water at the base) and if it is fragile. If your purchase arrives in the mail with tiny chunks broken off or some powder dusting the box, don’t be alarmed. It’s actually a good sign that your salt lamp is not a fake. Real salt lamps are also hefty and heavy, and only give off a warm glow.
You can also do the lick test. (Yes, you read that right.) Making sure that the surface has been wiped clean, you can give it a small lick to double check that it’s a real salt crystal.
You can read our full article on how to spot fakes.
What are the benefits of a Himalayan salt lamp?
You may experience the following benefits from these lamps:
- reduce the incidence of allergy or asthma attacks
- ease coughing
- minimize the smell of pets in a room
- clean indoor air of unpleasant smells
- give off a relaxing ambience to any room
- enhances mood and promotes relaxation
- strengthen your immune and respiratory system
- helps in reducing harmful electromagnetic radiation from everyday gadgets and appliances in the home
See our full article on the benefits of Himalayan salt lamps.
Are salt lamps toxic?
No, salt lamps are not toxic. They are basically a chunk of crystal salt specially mined from the Khewra salt mines in Pakistan. No chemicals or other ingredients have been added to them. The crystals are simply mined, carved, and hollowed out to make space for the electric lamp inside.
Do you keep Himalayan salt lamps on all the time?
Yes, Himalayan salt lamps are typically kept on all the time. When the salt crystal is warmed and heated, beneficial negative ions are released. You also keep the salt crystal from sweating or weeping in case of high humidity in your area. Just make sure your lamp has good electronics and you’ve monitored it in the first few days of use.
Is it good to sleep with a Himalayan salt lamp on?
It is ideal to sleep with a Himalayan salt lamp on to reap all the benefits from it. Keep it close enough without getting bothered by its glow. And make sure to wipe it clean of dust regularly to enjoy its full benefits.
What is the best size Himalayan salt lamp?
Just like electric air purifiers or air-conditioning units, there are recommended sizes of lamps depending on the size of your room.
|Room Type||Room Size
|Small room||10 x 10||7 lbs|
|Medium room||12 x 12||9-11 lbs|
|Large room||14 x 14||12-15 lbs|
|Extra large room||30 x 30||40-50 lbs|
What size bulbs do salt lamps use?
Your salt lamp needs to be sufficiently warm to emit negative ions. The wattage on your light bulb needs to be just right for the size of the crystal. Be guided by the size chart below.
|Salt lamp size||Weight||Light Bulb|
|Small||3-11 lbs||15 watts|
|Large||12-20 lbs||25 watts|
|Extra large||21-40 lbs||40 watts|
Observe that your lamp is neither cold nor scalding to the touch. It should be just on the right size of warm.
If you’re on the fence whether you should buy a Himalayan salt lamp at all, I enthusiastically urge you to just go for it. Even if you are wary or even disbelieving of the supposed health benefits, just the sheer beauty of these salt lamps on cold and dark nights is so worth it. They really give joy.
Fake? Don’t Make These Mistakes When Buying a Salt Lamp
7 Things to Know Before You Buy A Himalayan Salt Block
Planning to buy a HImalayan salt block for cooking? Make sure you don't regret your decision by getting all the info you need with our handy guide.
The 5 Best Himalayan Salt Tiles For Succulent Steaks and Salmon
Are you ready to taste steaks, seafoods, and vegetables cooked on a salt plate? Know the best Himalayan salt tile to get.
6 Reasons To Buy A Himalayan Salt Lamp For Your Home
On the fence whether you should buy a Himalayan salt lamp? Check out our skeptic's guide to Himalayan salt lamp health benefits - you might be surprised...
How To Cook Salmon On A Himalayan Salt Block
My first recipe on this site! How to cook salmon on a Himalayan salt block: very easy and delicious (and the grilled vegetables on the side were heaven).
How To Clean A Salt Block After Use
Are you learning how to do Himalayan salt block cooking? Here's everything you need to know on how to clean a salt block the right way.