Hey guys! After talking about how salt lamps are the best thing since sliced bread, let’s go on to the best salt lamps to buy.
Where do you buy your salt lamps from?
I’ve gotten this question a lot. I’ve lost count of how many salt lamps I’ve given out as gifts to clients, relatives, and friends. Not only are they my favorite thing, they’re also really a good gift to give to loved ones as evidenced by great reviews from my giftees.
So, if you’re looking for a Himalayan salt lamp for your own home, or wanting to give one out as a gift, check out my personal preferences.
5 Recommended Himalayan Salt Lamps
This is hands down my most trusted source for Himalayan salt lamps. They hold the crown for #1 Best Seller in Household Salt Lamps and these lamps fly off the shelves.
Now, while positive reviews always inspire buyer trust, what really sold me on the WB salt lamps was how I always got a 100% genuine Himalayan salt lamp for each and every purchase. And I’ve bought so many I should already have a loyalty card!
When it comes to salt lamps, you have to be wary of imitations. There are so many knock-offs out there, it’s crazy. If this is your first salt lamp purchase, start here so you know you’re getting a legit product.
- It’s got a dimmable switch which is ultra handy for when you just want a dim glow. Simply turn the dial to go back to the brightest setting. (We amp it up when my GF and I are feeling sick or when my “sneezy” nephew comes over.)
- I already talked about how it cleanses a room of pollutants but here’s some good news for pet owners. It can rid you of the strong smell of “kitty anointments“. Now you don’t need to be dubbed the smelly crazy cat lady anymore.
- Great for sinus problems and asthma sufferers. My favorite testimonial on the WB Himalayan salt lamp product page is one customer’s story about how putting salt lamps in the room helped his 99-year-old father-in-law with COPD.
- This particular brand has a good track record unlike the horror stories from some other distributors which range from broken or used junk or fire hazards to outright fakes.
- Just the typical cons for a salt lamp: they are heavy and will ‘weep’ when exposed to high humidity. (Simply leave it always on if this happens so that it dries out.)
- HIMALAYAN PINK SALT NIGHT LAMP: Himalayan Glow's Pink Salt Lamp is unique - The lamp is made from salt crystals from the Himalayan...
- NEW DIMMER SWITCH: On 10/11/17, Himalayan Glow replaced the dimmer switch in this product with a new, ETL-certified, fire-safe,...
- DIMMABLE HOME DÉCOR: Himalayan Glow's Himalayan Salt Lamp is adjustable with the built-in dimmer to match the ambiance. Its pink salt...
If you don’t want to break your budget but still want to try out Himalayan salt rocks, try getting a tea light first. This is basically a candle holder and you put a tea light into it. When the salt rock is warmed, the ionizing effect happens and you get all the benefits you would similarly get from a regular Himalayan salt lamp.
This particular brand is the number 1 bestseller in Amazon for tea light candle holders with many satisfied customers. For those who don’t like a naked flame, it’s possible to use electric tea lights – as long as they get hot enough.
- The cavity for the tea light is deep so there’s no danger of the candles dislodging accidentally.
- Cheaper than a regular Himalayan salt lamp
- Very sturdy
- Brings a beautiful ambiance to a room
- As with any Himalayan salt lamp, it weeps in a humid room.
- Unless you’re using electric tea lamps, you can’t leave it on all the time to avoid the weeping and the puddling. (This isn’t a problem in non-humid rooms, though.)
- HIMALAYAN CANDLE HOLDER - Himalayan Salt Candle Holders are unique - The holders are minded and chipped by hand in the Himalayan Mountains....
- HOME DÉCOR - Himalayan Salt Candle Holders are perfect for the design-conscious home. It will fit right at the center of a coffee table,...
- PURPOSE - Enjoy the incandescent flicker and natural properties of these unique salt crystal candle holders. The timeless natural shape of...
If you want a more elegant style for your Himalayan salt, you can check out Himalayan salt chunks in metal baskets or holders. The holders are usually elegantly ornate and the smaller chunks of Himalayan salt look very pretty sitting in the metal baskets.
The effect is still the same and you get all the benefits you would get from a regular Himalayan salt lamp.
- Value for money; this particular product is cheaper than a regular Himalayan salt lamp
- Very stylish and elegant; well constructed
- A great addition if you’re collecting all the salt lamp styles
- No bacon/caustic smoky smell for the holder unlike one other brand I purchased from (which I returned PDQ)
- You might experience minor problems with the bulb and the dimmer switch. If you do, contact their customer support for a replacement lamp.
- HIMALAYAN PINK SALT BASKET LAMP - WBM's Pink Salt Basket Night Lamp is unique - the pillar Style Basket is made from beautiful black metal -...
- Better quality - wbm makes the best quality of the Himalayan salt lamps - salt crystals are hand mined in the Himalayan mountains, specially...
- NEW DIMMER SWITCH: On 10/11/17, Himalayan Glow replaced the dimmer switch in this product with a new, fire-safe, heat-resistant dimmer.
After collecting all sizes and colors of Himalayan salt lamps and getting a couple of the salt chunks in beautiful metal holders, I discovered these night lights. In the beginning, I didn’t see what use I would have for them but I changed my mind when I saw the interior design options like the ones you see below.
Don’t they look pretty?
- Great as a night light for a cozy room you like to spend quiet evenings or for a child’s bedroom (especially for one with allergies)
- Has a 360 degree adjustable plug that goes right into the wall with no cords
- You have three design options which all look great: 2 cylinder designs and one raw crystal
- Small and handy
- For some fixtures, the salt block is too heavy for the socket
- Some units are shipped with low-quality electronic components
- High Quality: Extract high purity of crystal salts from Himalayan mountain, elaborately hand carved crafts, can be used for lighting,...
- AirPurifier: When bulb is light up, crystal salt lamp releases negative ions into the air, which effectively balance the quantity of...
- Safety Guarantee: Every salt lamp night comes with a UL certificated plug
If you are not attracted to the raw beauty of the regular Himalayan salt lamps, you can try out this salt sphere instead. It looks like a glowing planet. Perfect for sci-fi buffs or as a gift for geeky kids.
- The round glowing globe is stunningly pretty
- Cheaper than a regular Himalayan salt lamp
- Comes with a 15 watt bulb that can really fill up a room with light. If you want to buy a bulb with lower wattage, just make sure the lamp is still getting warm as that’s when you get the benefits from your salt lamp.
- There are reports that some units shipped with faulty electrical wiring.
- HIMALAYAN SALT LAMP - Himalayan Salt Lamp are unique - The lamps are handmade and hand carved in Pakistan from salt crystals from the...
- HOME DÉCOR - We've housed This on a decorative Wood Base, perfect for the design-conscious home. It's right at home in the center of a...
- HOLISTIC HEALTH - Himalayan Salt Lamps works to enhance the ionic balance of your living spaces. When heated Salt Crystal Lamp emits...
Last update on 2017-11-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API