After talking about what facial saunas are and the benefits of DIY-ing at home, we got questions asking what the best facial steamer brands are and which models we recommend.
- Why Buy a Facial Steamer?
- The Best Facial Steamers Compared
- Facial Steamer Reviews
- #1: Conair Facial Sauna with Timer
- #2: Revlon Facial Sauna
- #3: Panasonic EH-SA31VP Spa-Quality Facial Steamer
- #4: Professional Salon Spa Facial Steamer with Ozone
- #5: True Glow by Conair Moisturizing Mist Facial Sauna System
- #6: KINGA Nano Ionic Facial Steamer
- #7: Beauty Nymph Spa Home Facial Steamer Sauna
Why Buy a Facial Steamer?
We really like facial steamers – we’re a huge fan of natural and non-invasive beauty rituals. Instead of Botox or fillers, we’d rather do a nightly Korean beauty ritual or a fast Gua Sha scraping of the face. One more thing to add to your skincare regimen is a facial sauna that you can do a couple of times each week.
It’s fast, it’s pampering, and it’s cheap when you do it from home (unlike having it done in a salon).
There are sooo many facial steamers for sale, so to take away the guesswork, check out our top picks.
The Best Facial Steamers Compared
Facial Steamer Reviews
#1: Conair Facial Sauna with Timer
Face cone for pore cleansing
The Conair comes with two cones. The primary face cone is just over six inches. It opens and deep cleans your pores on your forehead, cheeks, nose, chin and neck, as well as other problem spots in the general area of your face.
Sinus cone for sinus clearing
The second cone is a narrower sinus cone. It features a narrower design allowing the steam treatment to focus on opening up your nasal passages and sinus cavity. This feature is ideal for when you have a stuffy nose due to a cold, or when you’re looking for some soothing allergy relief in the spring.
Conair Facial Cleansing Brush
The facial cleansing brush is another great tool. The brush side gently exfoliates the skin on your face and body while the sponge side is ideal for applying the moisturizer of your choice for some post-steam treatment skin pampering.
The programmable timer allows you to customize your sauna sessions to fit your needs whether you’re in the mood for a long, relaxing face sauna experience or you simply want to quickly steam your sinuses.
The device shuts off automatically after 45 minutes. This safety feature protects the lifespan of the face sauna while also conserving energy usage.
- Large face cone
- Concentrated sinus cone
- Cleanses pores
- Clears sinus and nasal congestion
- Conair Facial Cleansing Brush (exfoliating brush with sponge)
- Programmable timer
- Measuring tube
- Easy to fill
- Easy to use
- The maximum time you can program the timer to is 15 minutes. That said, over-steaming your pores isn’t that healthy anyway, so even though this may annoy some people, it’s kind of a safety feature.
- Facial Sauna with timer helps open pores for deep cleansing
- Nasal cone for concentrated problem areas
- Includes Conair Facial Cleansing Brush: brush gently cleans away dirt and oil while sponge gently applies moisturizer and smoothes skin
#2: Revlon Facial Sauna
The facial cone opens pores in the face and neck area melting away dirt, makeup and other pore-clogging debris.
The nasal cone decongests clogged sinuses caused by seasonal allergies or a sinus infection.
A built-in thermostat controls the temperature. It makes sure the steamer doesn’t get too hot to burn you.
- Easy to use
- Facial cone
- Nasal cone
- Internal thermostat
- Measuring cup included
- Some people find the temperature to be really hot; the internal thermostat stops it from getting dangerously hot but those with sensitive skin might find this unit too strong.
#3: Panasonic EH-SA31VP Spa-Quality Facial Steamer
Nano-sized steam particles
The Panasonic face sauna’s nano particles are 4,000 times smaller than regular steam particles. This allows the steam to navigate directly into your pores, shake loose dirt and debris, and melt it all off.
The Panasonic looks really sleek and nice. Additionally, it’s also compact enough to fit on your vanity or on your bathroom counter, so you don’t have to worry about storage.
A complete treatment with the Panasonic face sauna is just 6 short minutes. This is ideal if you have a busy schedule but still want to do a quick me-time.
- Nano-sized steam particles penetrate pores
- Moisturizes skin on a cellular level
- 6 minutes for a full treatment
- Attractive appearance
- Sleek design
- Large water tank
- The face cone is smaller than some of the other brands which may bug some people, but it still delivers quality steam action.
- There’s no nasal cone.
#4: Professional Salon Spa Facial Steamer with Ozone
Oxygen ionic vapors
The oxygen ionic vapors are the main facial steaming part of this machine. Not only does it cleanse pores, but it also kills bacteria and viruses.
Ozone is oxygen with three oxygen atoms. It’s very powerful as an antimicrobial, killing bacteria, viruses and even fungi; it’s also a great detoxifier, sucking up impurities.
Auto shutoff automatically cuts off the Jocasta when the water level gets too low to protect your unit.
- Oxygen ionic vapors
- Ozone treatment
- Cleanses pores
- Improves circulation
- Automatic shutoff
- Flexible arm
- It’s on a stand so it’s bulkier than other options; obviously, this isn’t a problem if space isn’t an issue.
#5: True Glow by Conair Moisturizing Mist Facial Sauna System
The broad facial cone diffuses steam cleaning your entire face and neck area at the pore level.
The nasal cone is great for clearing up clogged sinuses. It can also double as a concentrated pore treatment to zap stubborn blackheads.
Powered cleansing brush
The battery-powered cleansing brush included with the face sauna gently exfoliates skin. (Exfoliation is key for glowy skin!)
- Facial cone
- Nasal cone
- Cleanses pores
- Clears sinuses
- Battery-powered cleansing brush for exfoliation
- The brush doesn’t come with its own batteries but it does take AA so that’s not a big issue.
#6: KINGA Nano Ionic Facial Steamer
You can do 1 session in just 30 quick seconds.
Cleans pores and dead skin
Like most facial saunas, the KINGA model opens and cleans pores. But with the powerful ionic steam, it also blasts away dead skin.
The KINGA Nano Ionic Facial Steamer can double as a humidifier for any room in your home.
- Easy to use
- Quick prep time
- Cleans pores
- Cleans dead skin
- Can be used as a humidifier
- Five-piece blackhead extraction kit included
- This unit doesn’t come with a nasal feature but the steam it produces is actually pretty concentrated anyway.
#7: Beauty Nymph Spa Home Facial Steamer Sauna
Cleans pores and rejuvenates skin
The main attachment/cone is the facial steamer attachment which works to clean pores and rejuvenate skin. The attachment channels steam to the entire facial area using heat to open your pores. The steam action loosens up dirt, oil and makeup that are trapped in pores—the cause of blackheads. Skin is rejuvenated by the pore-cleaning action, as well as the natural moisturizing properties of the steam itself.
Nasal inhaler attachment
It also comes with a nasal inhaler attachment that can also function as a mouth inhaler. It releases a more concentrated steam to open blocked sinuses caused by allergies or upper respiratory viruses.
The Nymph facial steamer is purpose-made to also function as a full-room humidifier so the air around you can get a moisture boost as well. This is great for alleviating dry skin and dry nasal passages.
Because it can also function as a humidifier, it is also safe to use with essential oil. Many people find using eucalyptus and other essential oils with a humidifier to be a soothing and natural form of sinus pain relief.
Blackhead extraction kit included
The included blackhead extraction kit helps you free up any remaining blocked pores without breaking your skin and introducing new bacteria into your system.
- Facial sauna attachment for pore cleansing
- Nasal inhaler attachment for sinus clearing
- Functions as a standard humidifier
- Safe to use with essential oils
- Comes with its own 3-piece blackhead extractor kit
- Easy to assemble
- There is no auto-off timer; however, those who like a long facial sauna session might not view this as a bad thing.
- This face sauna gets really hot; some will view this as a pro, but those with sensitive skin should be aware of this.
After taking a hard look at some of the best face saunas around, the clear winner that pushed forward was the Conair Facial Sauna with Timer.
It’s top-choice because it has both a face cone and nasal cone, has a timer, an auto-off switch, and comes with a bonus exfoliation brush and sponge. Moreover, it simply works the best.
Last update on 2018-03-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API