The “traditional vs electric” shaver debate has been going on since time immemorial. We’ve recently published a list of our picks for the best traditional shavers and of course, we can’t leave out the female demographic who prefer their shavers to be electric.
In the interest of safety and your satisfaction, I’d caution first-timers out there to think twice before using electric shavers. Electric shavers are not for everyone. They have their distinct advantages but they have their down sides too. The biggest down side most probably is that they are not for women with super sensitive skin. If your skin gets easily irritated or abraded, we’d point you back to our list of razors for women with sensitive skin (and stay there).
On the other hand, if you feel you can handle it or use electric shavers on the daily, then this is for you.
Check out our list and find out our pick for the best electric shaver for women.
Top 5 Electric Shavers For Her
#1 Angel Kiss Hair Remover
The Angel Kiss is a shaver for the face area. I first came across this from beauty gurus in YouTube. They were giving it a good review so I am glad that it made it to our Top 5 list.
I’m a very visual person so the first thing that attracted me was how it looks. If you’ve ever packed a travel kit or worried about what stuff can come tumbling out of your purse, you know how embarassing it is when a regular razor comes out. Not a problem with the Angel Kiss though because it’s even prettier than my lipstick-type power bank.
Amazon’s Choice for “living chic”.
- Looks super cute and feminine; not identifiable as a razor
- Performs as well as it looks; great reviews from beauty gurus and us ordinary folks
- Easy to use and lightweight
- Does a close and smooth shave especially once you get the hang of it (pro-tip: don’t leave it hovering on your face or it will pull hair; lay it next to your skin so it will do its job properly)
- Can remove peach fuzz hair to coarser hair in lip, chin, and cheeks area
- Works silently
- Amazing price; works better than some more expensive models out there
- You need one AA battery to get it to work
#2 ETEREAUTY 4 in 1 Waterproof Women Shaver
The beauty (forgive the pun) of the Etereauty is that you can use it for different parts of your body. It can be used on the face, armpits, legs, and bikini area — areas that we women need to work at to keep hair-free.
The whole kit comes with a general shaver for the legs, a smaller precision shaver for the arms and bikini area, a trimmer for the bikini line, and a facial cleansing brush. An 8 hour charge will give you 120 minutes of use.
This is Amazon’s Choice for “ladies shavers and trimmers”.
- Four in one so you can use it on different parts of your body
- The parts are easy to interchange
- Can be used wet or dry; you can shave while all lathered up in your tub or you can shave dry on your sink if you’re in a hurry
- Can be used in the shower or in the bath as it is waterproof
- Has two ways of charging — cable or dock
- The general consensus is that it gives a close shave
- The cleaning brush works great
- Slighly pricier than other models
- No rechargeable battery; you gotta stand it on its dock or plug it in
#3 ZOOMMATE Ladies Electric Shaver
The Zoommate blurb says that it can be used for the legs, underarms, and bikini area. No face. Based on personal experience though, I’d say this is best for either the bikini area and for legs.
This kit comes with the shaver, one replacement blade, a cleaning brush, and the charging cable. An 8 hour charge will give you approx 45 minutes of use.
This is Amazon’s Choice for “armpit hair removal for women”.
- Best for legs and bikini area although it is most promoted as an armpit shaver
- If you like dry shaving, check this out as it is best for dry shave (vs wet)
- Attractive, lightweight, and easy to stow away
- Works even with thick and coarse hair
- Has a rechargeable battery inside and it’s waterproof too
- Low price
- Comes with a few quirks that the Amazon product page addresses like how to reinstall the blade after cleaning (inner blade frame needs to be centered or else it won’t work)
#4 Aukuy Lady Electric Shaver
Aukuy is not a well-known brand but their lady shaver has been racking up positive reviews. It is similar to Zoommate in that it can be used for the legs, bikini area, and the underarms. Based on most reviews though, its strength lies with dry shaving for the leg area and its unique LED light.
- LED light lets you see where and what you’re shaving
- Excellent for dry shaving especially the leg area; no nicks
- The body of the Aukuy is ergonomic and streamlined so it’s very easy to hold in your hand
- Isn’t noisy
- Smooth and close shave for most users; painless
- Great price for the value
- Not ideal for armpits
- Sometimes out of stock due to demand
- Instruction manual is illegible
#5 HYTK Electric Shavers
To be perfectly honest, the first time I saw the HYTK shavers, I immediately thought of clams. And Ariel singing in Little Mermaid. On the up side, if a guy sees this in my purse or bag, they’ll just likely think it’s a compact (or a plastic clam).
I am biased for the regular-shaped shavers but the HYTK makes it to our list thanks to its good performance. This lady shaver can be used on arms, legs, and underarms.
- Can be used for a wet and dry shave
- Lightweight and fits well in hand
- Does its job
- Blade is easy to clean
- Has color-coded charging status so easy to monitor
- The amount of charge it carries doesn’t seem enough
- May not last as long as the other models on this list
Last update on 2018-03-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API