Ladies, if you are anything like me, you wish you woke up in the morning having smooth legs. Alas, I think I have some hairy gorilla genes in my DNA. The best part is that I also have very sensitive skin so shaving is a literal and figurative pain. No-one said life was fair!
This state of affairs has led me to a lot of experimentation with razors, creams, lasers, anti-gorilla gene therapy, and the like. So if you’re looking for the best women’s razor for sensitive skin, you’ve come to the right gal.
What’s the Best Razor for Women with Sensitive Skin?
#1 Schick Intuition
When it comes to sensitive skin, Schick is a very prominent brand. It’s why we’ve got the Schick brand appearing three times in a list of 5. Still, not all models are created equal and I like the Intuition for good reason — it’s got shave cream right on the razor. This helps me get a moisturized and smooth shave on my dry skin.
- Just wet and shave; no need for shaving cream
- Lotion block is made of natural and hypoallergenic materials like rose oil, cocoa butter, and aloe
- Reasonable price
- Leaves skin soft and silky
- Ideal for teens who are just getting into shaving
- Does not last as long as others
#2 Gillette Venus Embrace
Along with the Intuition, Gillette’s Venus Embrace is one of the best budget razors you can buy for sensitive skin. In the case of the Embrace, water activates a ribbon of moisture for a smooth shave.
- Very good reviews
- Gives an excellent close shave without nicks and cuts
- Can navigate hard-to-shave areas like knees and ankles
- Though not designed for it, it can be used in shaving down there too
- Has 5 blades in comparison to Intuition’s 4
- You’ll buy this again and again
- The blades last a long time but when you need to purchase refills, they can get a bit pricey
- You still need shaving cream
#3 Schick ST2
These are my go-to razors when going out on a trip. They’re cheap and disposable so I won’t cry if I break them on the way or forget them in an AirBnB cabinet.
- Cheap; you get 12 razors in a pack so it’s roughly a dollar each
- Has a lubrication strip that helps the razor to glide more easily on skin
- If you don’t like the hassle of taking care of the higher priced shavers, you can just buy a pack of these and dispose of them often
- Work as advertised
- Don’t give a close a shave as the Venus or Embrace (hence the price difference); I’ve gotten nicks from these if I don’t prep my skin before a shave
- Blades get dull fast
#4 Gillette Venus Oceana
If you want more bang out of your buck but can’t afford the Embrace refills, check out the Venus Oceana. For a couple of dollars more, you get a total of 6 shavers for one purchase.
- Work very well for sensitive skin
- Have aloe strips that help the razor glide on your skin; leaves a nice smooth lotion feel after a shave
- Great value for the price
- Used in all areas including the legs, armpits and bikini area
- These are one of the best disposable razors you can buy from stores
- Have three blades only
- Disposable so may not last as long as the premium shavers
#5 Schick Xtreme 3
The Extreme 3 is not my first choice for either a premium or disposable shaver. However, it works for many other people hence its place in my Top 5.
- Affordable; you can get these in a pack of 1, 3, or 4
- Great for sensitive skin because of the aloe, Vitamin E, and shea butter components
- Not the closest of shaves but gets the job done
- May get you a nick if you’re not careful
Last update on 2018-02-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API