Looking for reviews of the Authentic Beautyhealth Shiatsu? If you’re not sure whether this chair is for you, we’ll bring you up to speed on the chair’s features, the manufacturer’s background, and real-world customer feedback.
The Authentic Beautyhealth massage chair’s strongest point is customization. It offers a plethora of choice, ranging from changes in intensity and level of vibration to location of the massage. Lower back pain? You can target that. Sore neck? No problemo.
The massage works as well as advertised and the 30-minute program is vvvery nnnice. However, unlike some chairs there’s no in-chair heat function. It does come with a hand held heat wand. This may be a deal-breaker for you if you prefer all controls and features to be automated. If you think you’d like having the freedom to target pain points, read on.
BH and iDeal Products distribute this product. They pride themselves on customer satisfaction and as of writing their customer satisfaction in online shops is 95%. How good is 95%? Let’s just say that with a 95% approval rating, a democratic would sweep Idaho.
Authentic Beautyhealth Shiatsu Specs
• Operating Voltage: AC 120V, 60Hz
• Power Consumption: 20-230 Watts
• 6 Powerful Motors and 2 Air Pumps
• Weight: 260 Lbs
• Recline Dimensions: 31″ wide x 31″ high x 72″deep
• Upright Dimensions: 31″ wide x 49″ high x 53″ deep
• Packing Dimensions: 66 x 31 x 31 inches
• Color Material: (Match Leather) Beige Caramel and Creme Ivory
• Accessories: Jade Infrared Heating Hand Massager, Remote Control Holder, Headphones, MP3 Player, SD Card or Flash Memory, Solid Wood Cocktail Table, Wheels on the back for easy movement
• Heaters: Yes (Jade Heat Massager only, no Built-in Heat)
• MP3 Player: Yes
• Has 6 automated programs with a duration of 5 to 30 minutes: Awake, Prescription, Fatigue, Physical Therapy, Health Care, Relax. Covers: Neck, Shoulders, Complete Back, Waist, Buttocks, Thighs, Calves, Feet
• 3D back scan personalizes the product
• 4-wheel-driven rollers vertically movable from neck to lower back
• Jade heat massager can apply heat therapy to your entire body along with the built-in heat for the back and feet
• Arm kneader has 4 intensities to choose from
• The Beauty Health chair boasts 24 types of massages from head to toe. Under manual mode, choose roller width: shoulders, medium, narrow. Choose from 5 types of speed, and choose a type of massage from rolling, massaging, flapping, kneading, knocking, shiatsu.
• Has foot and calf kneaders with 12 airbags for calves providing 4 air massage combinations with 2 intensities to choose from. The foot area is mounted with 14 airbags. It has 10 sets of kneading balls for both the calves and feet for a deeper massage to help with tired areas.
BH and iDeal Products offers a warranty of 3 years on this model. This includes the steel frame and body as well as the electronic parts.
There is a 10-day return policy.
You’ll be spoiled for choice with the Beautyhealth’s whopping 24 types of massage. The wide degree of customization over the experience is a definite selling point, as thousands of happy customers will attest to.
In manual mode, you’ll be able to move the vertical rollers to any point on your spine as well as pick the roller gap width (shoulder-wide, medium, narrow), speed (5 levels), intensity, vibrations, and 6 types of palpation (flapping, shiatsu, knocking, deep kneading, kneading & knocking).
If you like to stick to your classics, that’s still a lot of variety to choose from. On the other hand, if you’re the type who likes to experience new things every day, you can mix and match all the different settings for a unique experience each time.
Customizability is good but what about the actual massage experience itself? You’ll be glad to hear that the Beauty Health is very effective in working out those aches and pains from your tired muscles. Satisfied customers who’ve tried out this product have given it the thumbs up.
The massage doesn’t feel as great as the top-end chairs on the market but it more than does the job. For serious back problems and injuries, it’s always best practice to consult your doctor. For general backache, this chair is a seriously good way to spend your money.
Extended Duration for Auto Massage Programs
The more common program duration for these devices is usually around 15 minutes. The Beautyhealth offers up to 30 minutes. That gives you some nice you-time with less restarting needed.
The Jade Heat Massager Suits Harry Potter; Not Everyone
Ironically, the Beautyhealth’s biggest issue by far comes from its much-touted jade heat massager. The jade heat unfortunately does not come built into the chair itself. Instead, it emanates from a handheld wand that you need to actively move around over your body.
Having to do spot heating is definitely a lot less convenient than being passively warmed by the chair.
It’s not as relaxing if you have to keep waving a little wand around during your session.
No Heat At All, Despite Description
This model’s product description promises built-in heat (apart from the Jade Heat) for the back and feet. However, it’s very important to note that this specific model does NOT actually have heat built in.
It’s likely the seller made a mistake in the description as there are some other models under the same brand that come with the heat built in. Still, buyers have understandably become upset at the oversight so it’s best that you’re aware of this quite important detail.
Surprise! This is a gigantic chair that’s a struggle to cart around. This baby weighs 300 pounds and you’ll want to make sure you have some help bringing it into the house.
The seller is quite vocal (understandably, seeing the complaints from customers on this matter) about the Beautyhealth’s default delivery being curb side only. There is NO inside delivery, unpacking, setup, or bring up to any stairs or elevators.
Get ready to call in help from a friend or a professional when your chair arrives because you’re unlikely to manage this solo. Pro tip – you’d be surprised how many people will show up to move a heavy chair ten meters when there’s beer, pizza, and a back rub on offer.
If you don’t mind that the only heat source is a handheld device, this product is a very good deal. It gives you a lot of control for your therapy sessions, which if you look at some other massage chairs is no small thing. You get to tweak the settings for your preferred type, vibration, location, intensity—everything except heat. It gives a pretty good massage and a duration of up to 30 minutes.
Overall, the Authentic Beautyhealth Shiatsu is a really good buy for its price point.