Cupping is an ancient therapy used to improve blood circulation and even thought to improve Qi—the Chinese word for life force. Cupping is commonly used on various parts of the body, such as your back and thighs. However, cupping for the face has also become very popular because of the many benefits, such as reduced puffiness and wrinkles. They’ve designed these cups to reduce wrinkles around the face by improving collagen production within the skin.
Learning how to master cupping at home might take a while, but with the help of the best facial cupping set, you’ll be on the right track.
- Reviews of the Best Facial Cupping Sets
- What Is Face Cupping?
- How Do You Do Cupping on Your Face?
- How to Do Basic Cupping
- Do’s and Don’ts of Facial Cupping
- What Does Cupping Do?
- Is Cupping Good for Your Face?
- How Often Should You Do Facial Cupping?
- What to Expect After Cupping
- What Makes the Best Facial Cupping Set?
Reviews of the Best Facial Cupping Sets
There are many mediocre cupping sets available online but we’ve selected the best facial cupping sets you can buy online.
Best Anti-Aging Cupping Set: DoSensePro
This set includes two large cups, one medium and one small cup. DoSensePro makes cups of soft silicone that easily attach and slide across your skin. Unlike regular cupping, these silicone cups don’t require heating to work.
The larger cups are excellent for targeting bigger areas such as your neck, thighs or arms. These parts are usually the areas that show aging or sagging so firming these areas is ideal.
To target your cheeks or forehead, use the medium cup, while the small cup is perfect for the area around the eyes and mouth.
The smallest cup is tricky to use around the face until you get more practice. Some people make the mistake of thinking the smallest cup is useless but this is far from correct. Once you master the trick of using this cup, you will see that your whole regimen becomes more effective. (This applies to all the sets on this list.)
Besides the four cups, you also get a Japanese Konjac sponge that’s 100 percent natural and biodegradable. You can use the sponge before the treatment to help exfoliate your skin. It works by removing dead skin cells, dirt, excess oil and even blackheads.
- Soft silicone cups are gentle on the skin
- Can also be used for the body
- Exfoliating sponge included
- The cups could be more flexible
- GET THE ULTIMATE NATURAL FACE LIFT: DoSensePro cupping set is the best DIY face home care for prestigious results. Facial cups massage...
- THE ALL-NEW ANTI-AGING KIT THAT WORKS WONDERS: As it has been seen on NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX and other media sources, DoSensePro Cupping set is...
- SIMPLE-TO-USE CUPPING: Based on evidence-based research DoSensePro silicone cups are made out of best quality grade silicone. They are made...
Last update on 2020-08-08 at 20:09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API / More info
Value For Money: Beautify with Excellence
No products found.
You get four facial cups in this set, including two medium-sized and two small cups. Unlike the set above, the size of these cups makes them unsuitable for use on the body.
Apart from the four silicone cups, you also get several accessories to pamper yourself with. The set includes a chamomile essential oil with anti-aging properties that help to reduce wrinkles.
You also get a two-sided jade roller made with natural stone. The two sides are excellent for targeting different areas of the face. It will help reduce puffiness and any potential redness caused by the cups.
You get a Gua Sha stone that’s used to scrape the skin and helps to improve blood circulation. To complete your home-spa kit, you also get a soft face brush that helps to exfoliate your skin by removing dead skin cells.
- Effective on skin
- Includes luxurious items such as a natural Jade roller and essential oil
- Great value for money
- The set doesn’t come with any instructions on how to use the cups and accessories
No products found.
Best Glass Cupping Set: Lure Essentials
If you prefer glass over silicone, this set is ideal for you. It features four glass cups in different sizes suitable for the face and the body.
You use the cups by pressing the blue bulb to create a vacuum suction and then glide it across the area being treated. Many prefer glass over silicone because it’s softer on the skin and, when used correctly, can give better results.
To help you get started, you get a downloadable PDF cupping book and a step-by-step video guide.
Lure Essentials recommend that you use the cups along with the brands’ Glam Boost or Pure Organic Rosehip Seed oil. You can also use your favorite cream or essential oil to help increase effectiveness. The brand further recommends that you do the cupping facial two to three times a week.
- Medical-grade materials
- Glass cups instead of plastic
- Can be used on the body and face
- Manufacturer provides different instructional materials
- Beginners might find the glass cups difficult to use
- AS SEEN ON TV, NATIONAL PRESS AND HIGH-END SPAS WORLD-WIDE: Lure Essentials is the #1 Trusted brand when it comes to all things cupping and...
- GET BETTER RESULTS: with luxury medical grade cupping therapy cups. Add GLAM Boost or Lure Essentials Pure Organic Rosehip Seed for smooth...
- YOGA FOR YOUR FACE: Glass face cupping set is your go-to facial cupping kit for professional use and home self-care application. We exercise...
Last update on 2020-08-08 at 20:11 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API / More info
Best Suction: BBTO Cupping Facial Set
With the BBTO set, you get six facial silicone cups. They make each cup with high-quality silicone that’s soft and flexible as you glide it across your face. The cups have excellent suction, and should be used 10 to 15 minutes daily for at least four to six weeks with your favorite serum or oil.
Along with the six silicone cups, you also receive a facial brush. The brush is soft and flexible and helps to exfoliate your skin prior to the cupping treatment.
- High-quality silicone
- Easy to use
- Very affordable price
- Because of the low price, this is a great trial set if you want to see if facial cupping works on you before going on to the more expensive brands like Lure
- Some find the brush too soft for exfoliation
- Facial cups kit: this facial cupping set includes 6 cups (different sizes) for your face, neck and nasolabial fold; Besides, you will...
- Good material: the facial cupping kit is made of soft, flexible and safe silicone cups, they are made of quality silicone; These cups are...
- Improves blood circulation: silicone facial cupping can lift up your skin, make your fine lines smooth again; Silicone cupping massage...
Last update on 2020-08-08 at 20:21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API / More info
Best for Facial Puffiness: Grace & Stella
In this set, you’re provided with five cups in total: Two medium-sized cups, two small cups and one large. The small and medium cups are excellent for targeting delicate areas around the face, whereas you can use the large cup on the neck or body.
All the cups are made with medical-grade silicone, which is both soft and flexible as it glides across your skin.
One pro-tip in using these silicon cups is to keep gliding and to use a nice oil rather than lotion. If you end up suctioning too long on one spot, you will come out with hickey-looking bruises instead of actually moving lymph and bringing down puffiness.
The kit also includes a 10 ml sample of pure jojoba essential oil, a silicone pad and a convenient travel bag. If you’re not happy with the set, Grace & Stella offers a 100 percent money-back guarantee.
- Medical-grade silicone
- Soft and flexible cups
- Includes high-quality jojoba oil
- Lacking instructions
- Comes with 2 large cups for the face, 2 small cups for the delicate area around the eyes, 10ml sample of 100% pure and natural jojoba oil, 1...
- YOUTHFUL APPEARANCE. Increased blood flow and circulation help improve collagen production for tighter looking skin and reduced appearance...
- QUALITY MATERIALS. Made with safe medical grade silicone that's soft and flexible. Jojoba oil is 100% pure and natural, paraben free and...
Last update on 2020-08-08 at 20:32 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API / More info
Best High-End Facial Cupping Set: Lure Glam
The kit includes four cups made of high-quality silicone that will last through many uses. To help convince Lure users of the quality, the brand offers a lifetime warranty on this set.
They design the cups in the USA with the help of certified cupping professionals and aestheticians.
Lure Essentials recommend that you do cupping treatment or massage five minutes daily for two weeks to see results. The happy news is that this works so well on some women that the results show up even before the two weeks are up.
- High-quality silicone
- Soft on the skin
- Fast results
- Can be used daily
- You might see some redness after cupping
- AS SEEN IN: Oprah Magazine, The Rachael Ray Show, Good Housekeeping, NEW BEAUTY, SELF, E! Town & Country, and PRAISED by a number of other...
- GUARANTEED RESULTS: GLAM Facial Cupping Set is the ONLY independently tested face cupping kit on the market with proven results in under 2...
- THE DIFFERENCE: GLAM is simply made BETTER! Why settle for the imposters and subpar cups? We may not be the cheapest, but our silicone cups...
Last update on 2020-08-08 at 20:45 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API / More info
What Is Face Cupping?
If you have ever studied or researched traditional Chinese medicine, you’ve undoubtedly come across cupping. Cupping is an ancient therapeutic treatment with roots that go back to ancient Egypt. However, it’s been practiced in Asian and Middle Eastern countries for thousands of years. (3)
Most people are familiar with cupping done on the body using large glass cups that are heated.
Facial cupping, on the other hand, is performed using soft cups, often made of silicone. The cups aren’t heated—instead, you gently squeeze them to create a slight suction.
Facial cupping is best for women whose skin is showing the signs of aging because it helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles and makes skin firmer. It’s often referred to as “natural Botox” so if Botox is something you’re not open to, then facial cupping is an awesome non-invasive and 100% natural way to keep your skin looking youthful.
How Do You Do Cupping on Your Face?
There are different techniques or ways to do facial cupping at home, depending on the results you’re after. To help you out, we’ve split the following guides up to target different issues.
Before you get started, the first thing you should do is exfoliate and clean your skin. Exfoliation will remove dead skin cells, dirt and excess oil from your skin. This will not only give you a better result, but it will also make the process more comfortable since the cups will glide effortlessly on your skin.
Many sets will include a silicone brush or other tool to help you exfoliate before cupping. If the set doesn’t include an exfoliant, you can use a damp towel to scrub your face gently. You can also make your own exfoliant using a tablespoon of sugar and a few drops of your favorite oil, such as almond essential oil or coconut.
After exfoliating, apply oil or non-absorbing moisturizer as a “glider.” This will help the cups to move smoothly across your skin. Again, many kits include a small sample of an essential oil, such as jojoba, rosehip or tea tree oil.
How to Do Basic Cupping
- Start with a medium-sized cup and give it a few gentle squeezes to “activate” it.
- Start on the side of your chin, give it a gentle squeeze and then press it against your skin. The cup will create a vacuum suction that will pull your skin up.
- Glide the cup from your chin towards your ear along the jawline.
- Finish by gliding the cup down towards your neck. Repeat the steps on the other side.
- You can also start at the center of your forehead and then glide the cup down towards your jawline.
Lure Essentials has a very helpful video you can watch:
- Start with the medium cup at the sinus area. Give a gentle squeeze and hold it for a second. Release and move the cup a little further down, then repeat.
- Keep doing this press and release until you reach the area around your mouth.
- If you’re feeling very congested, you can hold the vacuum seal for a little longer while pulling the cup slightly away from your skin. Give it a small shake to help loosen the congestion.
- Repeat on the other side.
- Place the small cup at the edge of your mouth, and gently squeeze and hold for one second.
- Release the seal and move to the next section of your lips. Again, give a small squeeze, hold and release.
- You can also start at the center of your lips, create suction, then glide the cup down to the edge of your mouth. Repeat on the other side.
Under Eye Area
- Use the small cup to squeeze and release as you work your way around your eye.
- Use gentle squeezes and avoid leaving the suction for more than a second at a time.
- Repeat each under eye a few times for the best results.
Do’s and Don’ts of Facial Cupping
- Do use oil: Cupping on dry skin is difficult as the cups won’t glide as easily; this can end up in marks or bruising. Lubricate your face generously using an essential oil or oil cleanser. Keep in mind that you should remove most oils after treatment.
- Do use gentle suction: Ever seen Michael Phelps notorious cupping marks? You don’t want that on your face; therefore, use gentle suction. Clear silicone cups can help you monitor the amount of suction you’re creating.
- Do keep the cup moving: Keeping the cup moving will help to avoid marks or bruises.
- Don’t do cupping if you have a condition: Blemishes, sunburn or conditions such as blood disorders or anemia can be worsened by facial cupping. You should also avoid the large blood veins in your neck since the cupping could interfere with their job.
What Does Cupping Do?
Cupping stimulates your skin, muscles and nerves, which will help to improve blood circulation. The smaller and softer cups will gently pull the skin away from the deeper tissues, also known as fascia.
When this happens, it increases the blood flow to the area, which helps to rejuvenate your skin. Because the cups are soft and small, they shouldn’t leave marks on your skin afterward.
Over time, cupping facials should help to improve your complexion and remove wrinkles and fine lines.
Some people also use facial cupping to alleviate sinus pressure or pain and headaches. There are specific pressure points around the jawline and the area around the nose that can help to reduce pain. (4)
Is Cupping Good for Your Face?
Cupping is very good for your face. It can help to increase blood circulation, which will help to smooth out lines and wrinkles. Many facial cuppers have reported more glowing skin and reduced puffiness.
In saying that, cupping can go wrong if done incorrectly. It’s important to note that the cups shouldn’t be suctioned onto your skin for an extended period. You should glide them around, as we’ll explain further down.
Failing to keep the cups moving will cause red marks or even minor bruising the following day.
Full Disclosure: It’s important to know that there have been no high-quality studies done on the effectiveness of cupping. (5)
How Often Should You Do Facial Cupping?
As you might have noticed in our reviews above, some manufacturers recommend daily use, while others recommend two or three times a week. Always follow what the manufacturer recommends.
However, if you’re new to cupping, we recommend that you start slowly and only do it two or three times per week. This will help you get used to the process and hopefully avoid any marks or bruising.
What to Expect After Cupping
Slight redness or pinkness to the skin is normal and is an indication that the cupping works. Some irritation is also typical after cupping.
To avoid these effects from bothering you, you can do the cupping at night before bed. In this way, if there is any redness or irritation, they’re likely to disappear by the morning.
What Makes the Best Facial Cupping Set?
To know whether you’re looking at a set that’s worth trying, here are a few things to look for:
- Number of cups: Getting four or five cups in a set will help to make it easier for you to target different areas.
- Cup sizes: A good cupping set will include small cups and medium-sized cups. Larger cups are used to target more significant areas on the body.
- Material: Most facial cups are made of silicone; this should be flexible to give you a good suction. You might need to “warm-up” the cups before using it by squeezing it a few times. Glass is another excellent material as it’s soft on the skin but handle it with care.
- Lure Essentials GLAM Facial Cupping featured on the Rachael Ray Show; lureessentials.com
- I Let Strange Cups Suction My Face So I Could Get That “Natural Glow”; oprahmag.com
- Qureshi, N. A., Ali, G. I., Abushanab, T. S., El-Olemy, A. T., Alqaed, M. S., El-Subai, I. S., & Al-Bedah, A. M. (2017). History of cupping (Hijama): a narrative review of literature. J Integr Med, 15(3), 172-181.
- Lymphatic Drainage and Facial Massage Can Help Sinus Infections and Allergies; pacificcollege.edu
- Cupping; nccih.nih.gov