For a real smooth and close shave, nothing beats razors. That’s a fact. It’s also a fact that you pay triple for the endless marketing, and most people find shaving mind-numbingly tedious.
What if you could just grab a widget and roll it on your face and your stubble would magically vanish? Enter the electric shaver!
We’ve put together a complete guide to choosing an electric razor, but if you already know more or less what you’re looking for, here are the best models currently on the market. They range from high-end models to surprisingly affordable shavers.
The 5 Best Electric Shavers For Men
#5 Panasonic ES8243A Arc4 Electric Razor
My partner was using a different brand but when that gave out, he decided to try out something from Panasonic. It might have been blind luck but happily he chose one of their best models.
The shave you get from this Panasonic electric shaver is not better than razors. It is very close but not better. However, you save money and time and that’s what balances it out.
- This is a 3 foil electric shaver with a motor speed of 13,000 CPM (cuts per minute). In our house, our men like foil-type electric shavers over rotary ones.
- Recommended for sensitive skin and those prone to burns and nicks.
- Can be used wet or dry.
- You can go a year before needing replacement blades and even then, they’re cheap.
- Rechargeable and waterproof.
- Expensive compared to other items on this list.
- Doesn’t come with a cleaning stand.
- The power button is situated in such a place that you may accidentally turn it off while shaving. Why?!
- Sharp Men's Shaver Blades: Panasonic ARC4 men's electric shaver with four ultra sharp precision honed 30° Nanotech blades and ultra thin...
- Wet/Dry Electric Shaver and Trimmer 2 in 1: Built in pop up trimmer details mustaches, beards and sideburns; Wet/dry waterproof shaver...
- Flexible Pivoting Head: Panasonic flexible pivoting electric shaver head glides effortlessly to trace the individual contours of face, chin,...
Last update on 2019-08-25 at 06:03 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API / More info
#4 Philips Norelco OneBlade Hybrid
If you are a close-shaven guy who wants a shave that’s smooth as a baby, then the Norelco is not for you. This is more for men who have facial hair and then use their shaver to either trim or clean up their look.
Mind you, it still gives a good shave. You can shave your head with it, if that’s your look!
- Good for trims, edges, and tidying up fuzz, long hairs, and whiskers.
- Waterproof, portable, and rechargeable.
- Recommended for men who get cuts or nicks from other brands.
- Can be used wet or dry.
- Needs more guards.
- The actual shaver heads seem to be the weak point of this product.
- The power button is sensitive so if you’re traveling, I recommend you put it in a container where it can’t be accidentally turned on.
- Rechargeable OneBlade can trim, edge, and shave any length of hair
- Shave any length - not as close as a traditional blade so your skin stays comfortable
- Trim it down - click on combs for a fast and even trim in all the right places
Last update on 2019-08-25 at 13:22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API / More info
#3 Braun Electric Shaver
When asked how good other electric shavers are, the point of comparison is usually the Braun. This brand is the go-to brand for men who want the closest possible shave with an electric gadget.
That being said, customers have a love-hate relationship with this product. Either you love it or you hate it.
- For most users, this shaver gives a gentle yet very close shave.
- Has a history of being the most trusted brand in this niche.
- Has a clean and charge station and very easy to clean.
- Recommended for those prone to ingrown hairs and razor bumps.
- Works very well wet or dry.
- This product and brand has been having quality issues of late especially with the replacement foils.
- Prices are currently ridiculously inflated due to third party sellers who are taking advantage of the production problems.
- Unsatisfactory customer support; you’re in bad luck if yours breaks and even if you get a replacement, it may take a while to get it shipped to you.
- Intelligent Sonic technology automatically increases power while shaving in difficult areas and on denser hair
- The Series 7 electric razor comes with an ActiveLift trimmer that captures flat-lying hairs in problem areas
- OptiFoil cuts hair as short as 0.05mm for perfect closeness; Fully charged in 1 hour
Last update on 2019-08-25 at 10:02 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API / More info
#2 SweetLF 3D Shaver
For a rotary shaver, the SweetLF does a great job. Pairing good performance and a super sweet price, this dark horse has climbed its way up to our number 2 spot. In three words, it is “inexpensive but impressive”.
- Gives a very smooth and close shave and yet doesn’t nick or harm your skin; no irritation and redness.
- Fast USB charging; very convenient especially if you are traveling as it charges in just one hour.
- Cheap and affordable.
- Rejoice neat freaks, as this razor collects the hair that you shave off and you can just empty it out later from the chamber.
- Comes with a sideburn trimmer.
- Replacement heads are cheap and easy to find.
- Customer support is responsive.
- This product has a 15 month warranty but may give out in less time than this.
- Does not work excellently for everybody.
- USB QUICK-CHARGING & LED DISPLAY- Enjoy up to about 120 minutes of shaving (or approximately 30 full shaves). The shaver only requires 1...
- A SMOOTH AND CLOSE SHAVE - With 4-direction floating heads, the 3D rotary shaver automatically adapts to the contours of the face, neck and...
- POP-UP TRIMMER & ONE TOUCH OPEN - Skin-friendly and convenient pop-up beard trimmer easily trims sideburns, moustache and any facial...
Last update on 2019-08-24 at 20:52 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API / More info
#1 Hatteker Mens Electric Shaver
If you want a premium electric shaver, get the Philips or the Braun — whichever works best for your skin and body type. If you prefer something lighter on the pocket though, then try the Hatteker — our budget pick for the best electric shaver for men and overall best value for money.
It performs superlatively well for its price point and even if it breaks you can easily buy a replacement and still not spend as much as other premium shavers.
- Works as advertised and gives a clean and smooth shave; great for shaving new growth, beards, and sideburns.
- Awesome value for money.
- Recommended for skin that gets easily irritated or cut.
- Aesthetically pleasing and doesn’t look like a cheap razor.
- Good for wet and dry.
- Has a child lock and battery indicator; waterproof.
- Has USB quick charger.
- Not everyone agrees with us about its quality. To each his own!
- 2 IN 1 Multi-Functional Electric Razor----for shaving beard, sideburns.The 3D rotary shaver with precision blades of upgraded double-blade...
- Waterproof/Wet and Dry-----The whole body of this electric shaver is washable, allows you a comfortable dry shave or a refreshing wet shave...
- Upgraded LCD Display/One-key lock ----- Charge Indicator/Battery capacity/charging state of the battery is displayed in percent/Low battery...
Last update on 2018-12-28 at 08:26 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API / More info