Last time, we talked about bathrobes we recommend for women. We can’t leave the men out so here are our picks for the best bathrobe for men when it comes to lounging around the house or reading a newspaper on a balcony on an autumnal Sunday morning.
When I was younger, the stereotype for men was that they were slobs and just wanted something comfortable. In today’s generation though, men are just as stylish as women. For that reason, we’ve put together this list based on comfort and looks.
All of the robes on our list share these traits:
- Great value for price
- Super comfortable for vegging out at home
- Very good-looking; you can have your in-laws over and you won’t feel exposed or half-dressed
- Hems are mostly up to calves; ideal for cold weather
- All have belts and pockets
- We made sure to include only brands and models that have high satisfaction ratings (Well, actually, we only order when it’s like that; otherwise you hear a lot of complaints and you get dissuaded to buy)
- Because most are made from fleece, these are not for towelling off or drying yourself after a bath
Whether you’re buying a robe for yourself, or you’re shopping for your other half, I hope you find something you like from our list.
5 Best Men’s Robes
#5 #Followme Velour Robe Shawl Collar
If you like your robe super soft and comfy as loungewear, then take a look at this FollowMe robe. Variations come in other colors like black, gray, navy, and white.
- Super soft and comfy; like your favorite softest blanket
- Perfect for lounging about the house
- There are big sizes for big people; as big as XXXL
- Colors are great
- The size you choose might come out larger than you think; consult the size chart to be sure (it’s on the Amazon product page)
#4 Latuza Men’s Cotton Flannel Robe]
If you want a comfy robe to wear around the house that’s made of flannel, check this Latuza cotton flannel robe out. It’s got printed flannel patterns in different colors.
Hubby has one at home and I personally think he looks dashing when he wears it. He is a lean man and I would recommend this brand for lean gentlemen. (For bigger men, see #2)
- Very stylish; you can choose your flannel design
- Good for men with thin or lean frames
- Tends to run small
- Good quality; soft and made of cotton (others are made of polyester)
- If you have a big belly, you won’t have enough material so better to choose a size up or choose a different brand altogether
#3 Hooded Herringbone Spa Bathrobe
Ridiculously hot model aside, this is a super comfy and good-looking spa robe. I love the dark color with the soft grey hood.
- Hood will keep you extra warm in really cold weather
- Has double belt loops for a good fit
- Needs to be washed first to avoid lint going everywhere
- Not an option for you if you don’t like fleece
#2 Alexander Del Rossa Fleece Robe
This Alexander Del Rossa is a great loungewear. It’s available in different solid colors and patterns too.
I’d personally recommend this for men who are big-boned or big-bellied.
- Super soft and warm because it’s made of fleece; perfect for cold weather
- Unlike other fluffy and plush robes, this doesn’t leave fluff around the house or in the washer.
- Very good quality for the price
- Roomy; unlike the Latuza mentioned earlier, this is recommended for men of girth or those with big bellies
- Some buyers find the sleeves on the short side
#1 Alexander Del Rossa Fleece Hooded Robe
It seems to be a pattern but the most popular robes for both men and women are hooded. I believe this is because people purchase robes to get warm and stay warm during cold weather. These past winters, the temperature has been uncharacteristically cold and when this happens, a warm robe is just infinitely comforting.
(Or maybe it’s the influence of all the boxers and MMA fighters using hooded bathrobes in their dramatic entrances?)
Long sleeves, hems up to calves, and hooded bathrobes make this robe a huge hit.
- I’m a sucker for the designs of the Alexander del Rossa brand; I mean, check them out! There’s a lot to choose from – from solid colors, prints, and two-toned colors
- Made from polyester and microfleece so warm and lightweight
- Hood makes this robe very warm
- Each one has a matching women’s robe in case you wanna buy for a couple
- You won’t lose face if you give these out as gifts
- Double belt loops for custom fit
- Price runs higher than other robes on this list
- Runs too large so make sure to get the right size for you
- May leave fuzz or lint despite washings
- May get too warm if weather isn’t cold enough; this is intended for really cold weather
- PLUSH MICROFLEECE ROBE - This premium 100% polyester 15 ounce microfiber fleece bathrobe is the softest piece of clothing you could ever...
- WARM HOOD - The most loved feature on this classic men's bathrobe is the large hood. This water absorbent detail will keep your ears, neck,...
- TWO LARGE POCKETS - There is nothing worse than lounging around the house and having to carry your things in your hands everywhere you go....
Last update on 2018-02-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API