It’s that special time of year again — Valentine’s Day! We know you want to outdo yourself this year so we propose that this time around, give your loved one something extra special. Apart from the usual roses-chocolates combo, surprise your beloved with these stress relief gifts.
And for happy singletons, gift your friends, family, and most importantly, yourself! This hearts day is perfect for pampering the best person in your life – YOU.
Whatever your budget, we’re sure you’ll find something in our collection below.
- 20 Stress Relief Gifts For the Ultimate in Relaxation
- #1 – Gideon Wooden Dual Foot Massager
- #2 – Salt Massage Stones
- #3 – Original Gorilla Grip
- #4 – OontZ Angle 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- #5 – Aromatherapy 18 Essential Oils
- #6 – Bian Stone
- #7 – Himalayan Pink Salt Night Lamp
- #8 – Dr. Scholl’s Paraffin Spa Bath
- #9 – Five Star Neck and Shoulder Massager
- #10 – Coop Home Goods Memory Pillow
- #11 – Ivation Foot Spa Massager
- #12 – Tempur-Pedic Symphony Pillow
- #13 – Purewave CM7 Cordless Massager
- #14 – Zyllion Neck & Back Massager Cushion
- #15 – MedMassager Foot Massage
- #16 – Zinus 12” Green Tea Mattress
- #17 – JNH Lifestyles Infrared Sauna
- #18 – Kahuna Massage Chair Recliner
- #19 – Ariel WS-608A with Whirlpool Bath
- #20 – American Spas Hot Tubs
20 Stress Relief Gifts For the Ultimate in Relaxation
#1 – Gideon Wooden Dual Foot Massager
Top-of-the line machines are great but sometimes you just want to use something without the hassle of plugging in and fiddling with a lot of controls. This wooden foot massager is analog relaxation for the digital age. Just pull it out of storage and use instantly.
- Best for people with plantar fasciitis, heel spurs, and other foot problems
- Can be used while you work on your computer or after some walking or running
- Perfect for people who have standing jobs
- Very affordable and doesn’t use electricity
- No special features (unlike electric massagers)
#2 – Salt Massage Stones
If you’ve been on our site before, then you know we love Himalayan Salt. We love it for lamps, for cooking, and also in stone form – for massage. You can use them warm or cool and then glide on your skin with organic coconut oil (or your choice of oil; but never water).
If you have 3 minutes, watch this very helpful video of Ann Brown who talks about how she uses Himalayan salt stones on a daily basis.
- Can be used for people suffering from arthritis and pain from muscular diseases
- Cleansing and detoxifying
- Relaxing and stress-relieving
- Will get smaller over time especially if you expose them to too much water
#3 – Original Gorilla Grip
Relax for longer in your bath with a good bath pillow. This Gorilla grip has excellent suction cups so that your pillow stays in place and you can relax in your warm bath.
This is the #1 Bestseller in Bath Pillows.
- Fits any tub or jacuzzi
- Waterproof and easy to clean
- 10 year guarantee and 100% refund guarantee
- Haven’t experienced mildew or bad smell with this brand
- Perfect for those with neck arthritis or other similar issues
- Suction cups are so strong that the pillow may rip if you force the pillow from the tub (we speak from experience!). If you are taking the bath pillow out, I’d suggest using a fingernail instead to pry the suction cups slowly off the tub surface.
See Also: Top 12 Best Bath Pillows
#4 – OontZ Angle 3 Bluetooth Speaker
We’re suckers for a good bluetooth speaker for the bathroom. I mean, are we the only ones who have rockin’ concerts in the shower?
This is the #1 Bestseller in Wireless and Streaming Audio Systems.
- Splash-proof and water resistant
- Great for the beach too as it’s also sandproof and rainproof
- Great sound!
- Long-lasting battery
- Very durable and well built (one famous story tells of one being run over by a car and still working)
- No problem with connectivity
- On and off button might be difficult to locate the first time you use it
#5 – Aromatherapy 18 Essential Oils
Essential oils are a wonderful natural solution if you want a pick-me-up, want to feel sleepy, or if you have a cold. There’s always an essential oil for anything and everything, thanks to aromatherapy.
These are best paired with a good diffuser. (Although the last time I used my peppermint oil was to pour a few drops on a windowsill to ward off some ants.)
This is the #1 Bestseller in Fragrance Collections and Home Scents.
- For a fair price, you get 18 bottles of essential oils
- All natural with no additives; therapeutic grade
- Includes my favorites like lavender, lemongrass, rosemary, tea tree, frankincense, pink grapefruit, and many more
- Very responsive customer support
- Packaging should be improved as there is no individual cushioning for the bottles so a few buyers got theirs cracked (This is where the responsive customer support comes in.)
See Also: The 10 Best Aromatherapy Diffusers
#6 – Bian Stone
Bian stones are one of our favorite tools for Gua Sha massage therapy. Gua Sha is part of Traditional Chinese Medicine. It’s basically a hard scraping of the skin that results in scary red patches. It’s actually not as painful as it looks (or sounds) but it is highly therapeutic as it releses stagnant lymph and blood in the body.
Bian stones are said to be the best for Gua Sha.
- Very affordable
- Best range of frequency for gua sha
- Authentic gua sha is done with bian stones
- Not the best pick if you have hands that are smaller than average
See Also: Learn All About Gua Sha
#7 – Himalayan Pink Salt Night Lamp
Philip and I have a salt lamp in every room of our house and we have two in our bedroom. They’re also our go-to when we’re giving out presents. Many say that their salt lamps have healing properties but for those who don’t buy into that, they love their salt lamps anyway for their sheer natural beauty.
I am biased but this is one of my favorite stress relief gifts on this list.
- If you believe the health claims, they are ideal for people suffering from ashtma, allergic rhinitis and other respiratory issues
- Helps make a room smell better so it’s great for pet owners
- Uses very little electricity
- Very beautiful when lit up
- Comes with a dimmer
- Will sweat in a humid environment so you gotta keep it on
See Also: The 5 Best Salt Lamps To Buy
#8 – Dr. Scholl’s Paraffin Spa Bath
Paraffin baths basically do two things. First, they render your hands and skin super smooth. Second, they are great for pain relief (especially for those suffering from arthritis of the hands or from carpal tunnel).
How they work is you melt wax in the paraffin bath. With the temperature just right, you immerse and dunk your hands into the wax several times to create a thick layer, and then you put your wax-encrusted hands into a plastic bag. The heat and the wax combine to heal chapped or painful hands.
The full explanation of the procedure is HERE.
- Dr. Scholl is a trusted name in foot baths
- Paraffin baths are ideal for pain from arthritis, chronic joint pain, fibromyalgia, and others
- Good for addressing muscle spasms, inflammation, sprains, scars, stiff joints, eczema, psoriasis, and so on
- One buyer had a defective machine that leaked wax
- I wouldn’t recommend reusing the wax
#9 – Five Star Neck and Shoulder Massager
Portable massagers are awesome. If you’ve ever had a massage, then we don’t need to go into how amazing massages are. With these portable massagers, you simply drape it on your body, turn on the switch, and enjoy the heat and the Shiatsu massage rollers.
- Heat and massage soothes away fatigue and pain
- Recommended for people who live alone (or who have lazy husbands) and can’t get shoulder massages
- Has a safety feature that turns off heat when it gets hot
- Should not be used without a shirt on
- For a handful of buyers, the safety feature was broken
#10 – Coop Home Goods Memory Pillow
If you have a giftee who is having difficulty getting a good night’s sleep, you should give this friend a high quality pillow like the Coop Home Memory Pillow.
- Ideal for any type of sleeper, whether you sleep on your side, back, or front
- Hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant
- Washable and will not go flat
- Has a 5 year warranty
- CertiPUR-US certified foam: very safe and without toxic materials like mercury, formaldehyde, pthalates, and so on
- Has the initial bad smell of memory foam (Here’s our article on how to get rid of the smell.)
See Also: These Are the 5 Best Memory Foam Pillows
#11 – Ivation Foot Spa Massager
Foot spas use water charged with positive and negative ions – electrolytes – to draw toxins from your body. The Ivation is one of the top brands and models for foot spa massagers.
- You’ll get super smooth and moisturized feet; great for a detox also
- Massage function is very relaxing after a hard day on your feet
- Ideal for people with standing jobs
- Has a built-in timer, LED display, and temperature control
- Massage is weak compared to other brands
- If you have really big feet, it might be too cramped
See Also: The Best Home Foot Spas
#12 – Tempur-Pedic Symphony Pillow
If you ask me, I’d say the best memory pillows are TempurPedic pillows. They’re the go-to brand for quality memory pillows. They come with an accompanying price tag though but it’s all worth it.
In fact, if you’re wondering why pillows are even in our list of stress relief gifts, I’ll just share that I had chronic neck and shoulder pain for months and months till I somehow got the brilliant idea of getting a memory pillow. (Wait, the doc told me to do it.) And my chronic pain subsided since then.
- Best for side and back sleepers
- Ideal for those with neck pain or neck arthritis (I swear I cannot use just any pillow with my cervical spondylosis)
- Double sided
- Some buyers say it’s too firm
See Also: What is the Best Tempurpedic Pillow?
#13 – Purewave CM7 Cordless Massager
Do you have a giftee who would love a portable massager to use on the face and body? If yes, then check out this Purewave massager. You won’t break the bank but you will get a really good after-work massager.
- One of the best handheld percussion massagers around
- Ergonomic, has 6 massage heads and adjustable intensity
- Lightweight and cordless
- Ideal for home use
- Great for muscle recovery and sore muscles after workouts or hard labor
- For some buyers, the motor gave out (and was replaced)
See Also: The Top 5 Hand Held Massagers Reviewed
#14 – Zyllion Neck & Back Massager Cushion
If you or your giftee dream of having a massage chair but can’t afford it, get the next best thing: a massage cushion. It’ll only set you back by a hundred bucks and you get a massage chair experience (albeit dialled down).
- You can really feel the massage on your neck and back; feels so great you can even fall asleep on it
- Perfect for relaxation and stress relief
- Also works for a measure of pain management (it won’t make it all go away but you’ll get some relief)
- Really does what it says it does
- Quality item that lasts
- Responsive customer support
- With 1 year warranty
- Bulky (but not a big deal, in my opinion)
- You won’t like all the modes but you’ll have a favorite one that’ll be your go-to
#15 – MedMassager Foot Massage
I give you fair warning. We are entering into the realm of more expensive gifts. To even consider giving out these gifts, they would most likely be gifts to yourself, your spouse, or your beloved family.
We already featured a wooden foot massager earlier and the price is unbeatable. If you have the budget though and want something with more features, check out this MedMassager, arguably the best one in its niche.
- Very powerful and you can get it without a license; speeds go up to 3,700 rpm
- With a large foot pad with oscillating massage
- Targets pressure points via vibration
- Can be used even if you have diabetes (unlike the foot spas mentioned earlier that diabetics must NOT use)
- Used in clinical settings to improve feet circulation and pain relief
- Relieves pain from plantar fasciitis, foot numbness, and similar conditions
- Certified by the FDA for therapeutic use.
- Does not massage; only vibrates
- Did not alleviate naturopathic conditions in some buyers
#16 – Zinus 12” Green Tea Mattress
This mattress is called Green Tea because it’s made with green tea extract and castor oil. This helps keep the mattress fresh and clean. This mattress has the record for being the number 1 bestseller for mattresses and I believe this is due to a balance between the affordable price and the decent satisfaction ratings from buyers.
- No bad memory foam smell!
- Has antibacterial protection
- High satisfaction ratings from buyers
- None that we could find
#17 – JNH Lifestyles Infrared Sauna
Can you imagine yourself enjoying a sauna at home everyday? I can! It’s next on my personal wish list.
The therapeutic effect of heat is common knowledge. The use of heat to rejuvenate our tired bodies goes back to ancient cultures. The modern twist to it though is the infrared sauna. This type of sauna emits infrared light that we experience as radiant heat. This is easily absorbed by our bodies allowing for deeper penetration.
The JNH infrared sauna is one of the top brands and models for infrared saunas.
- A great infrared sauna for 1 person use
- Great functionality and performance; has 6 heaters
- Aesthetically pleasing; you’ll feel like you’re in a spa
- Expensive (and no, the portable ones cannot compare in experience and benefit)
#18 – Kahuna Massage Chair Recliner
If you’re considering getting a massage chair and you have the disposable income to do so, consider yourself the envy of many. A lot of people who experience massage chairs inevitably end up wanting one of their own in the comfort of their home. Alas, not everybody can afford of them.
The Kahuna is a perennial favorite – enough features and comfort to really improve your quality of life, but without the dizzying price tag that some massage chairs come with.
- This is a budget-friendly chair that has the features of the more expensive chairs like zero gravity, heat therapy, body scan, and so on
- Has an L-track roller (longer than an S-track and it extends up to your hamstrings)
- Has heat therapy
- Rough foot rollers (Easy fix is to place the packaging foam the company so kindly included for this purpose)
Read the full review: Kahuna Massage Chair LM6800 Recliner Review
#19 – Ariel WS-608A with Whirlpool Bath
Similar to heat therapy from an infrared sauna, steam therapy also has numerous health benefits ranging from physical, emotional, and beauty benefits.
At the end of the day though, a whirlpool bath such as this one is premium luxury that you can enjoy at home. If you’re earning big bucks and need stress-relief to keep you healthy and at optimal performance, then consider a whirlpool bath.
- Has all the benefits of steam and heat therapy
- Has a ton of features like rainfall shower, 10 massage jets, foot massage, storage, and so on
- One of the best models for a two-person steam shower
- Has Chroma therapy lighting
- Takes up a lot of space
#20 – American Spas Hot Tubs
We’ve been to many spa trips where we experienced the full benefits of a jacuzzi. Once we have our dream sauna next on the list will be a hot tub with ALL the features! I want more jets and bubbles than I can count.
Be careful when buying a hot tub – it’s not just the initial purchase but also the subsequent maintenance. Many hot tub owners buy before they are financially stable enough and have to cement in their installation. The cost of upkeep turned their dream into a nightmare!
If you know exactly how much it costs to have a hot tub at home and you are the type of person to enjoy the full relaxation and healing benefits of a hot tub, then this premium luxury item has your name on it.
- Has 11 stainless steel hydotherapy jets
- 5.5kW heavy duty titanium heater
- Has an ozonator that purifies water
- With 50 ft reusable filters
- Plug and play; easy setup
- Aesthetic design
- Issues with delivery; make sure the delivery people have a forklift to unload it
Last update on 2018-02-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API