Christmas is coming around again and guess what. We know how to make your presents extra special this year. If there’s one thing in common that people have nowadays, it’s high levels of stress and anxiety. This holiday season, give the gift of peace and calm with these stress relief gifts. Every time your present is used, you can bet that you’ll be remembered fondly and thankfully.
Whatever your budget, we’re sure you’ll find something in our collection below. We’ve put a lot of thought into this list. And it won’t be surprising if you yourself find some things you may want to get for yourself.
Because we’ve pulled out most of these gift ideas from our previous articles, we’ve linked to these as well. If anything piques your fancy and you want to read more about it, simply click on the related article to read more.
Check them out!
- 22 Best Stress-Relief Gifts
- #1 – Gideon Wooden Dual Foot Massager
- #2 – Salt Massage Stones
- #3 – Original Gorilla Grip
- #4 – OontZ Angle 3 Bluetooth Speaker
- #5 – Aromatherapy 18 Essential Oils
- #6 – No products found.
- #7 – Himalayan Pink Salt Night Lamp
- #8 – Dr. Scholl’s Paraffin Spa Bath
- #9 – Five Star Neck and Shoulder Massager
- #10 – Coop Home Goods Memory Pillow
- #11 – Ivation Foot Spa Massager
- #12 – Tempur-Pedic Symphony Pillow
- #13 – Purewave CM7 Cordless Massager
- #14 – Zyllion Neck & Back Massager Cushion
- #15 – MediMassager Foot Massage
- #16 – Zinus 12” Green Tea Mattress
- #17 – JNH Lifestyles Infrared Sauna
- #18 – Kahuna Massage Chair Recliner
- #19 – Ariel WS-608A with Whirlpool Bath
- #20 – American Spas Hot Tubs
22 Best Stress-Relief Gifts
Top-of-the line equipments are great but sometimes, you just want to use something without the hassle of plugging in and messing with a lot of controls. This wooden foot massager is just that. Just pull it out of storage and use instantly.
- Best for people with plantar fasciitis, heel spurs, and other foot problems
- Can be used while you work on your computer or after some walking or running
- Perfect for people who have standing jobs
- Very affordable and doesn’t use up electricity
- No special features unlike the electric massagers
#2 – Salt Massage Stones
If you’ve been on our site before, then you know we love Himalayan Salt. We love them for lamps, for cooking, and also these – for massage. You can use them warm or cool and then glide on your skin with organic coconut oil (or your choice of oil; but never water).
If you have 3 minutes, watch this very helpful video of Ann Brown who talks about how she uses Himalayan salt stones on a daily basis.
- Can be used for people suffering from arthritis and pain from muscular diseases
- Cleansing and detoxifying
- Relaxing and stress-relieving
- Will get smaller over time especially if you expose them to too much water
Relax for longer in your bath with a good bath pillow. This Gorilla grip has excellent suction cups so that your pillow stays in place and you can relax in your warm bath.
This is the #1 Bestseller in Bath Pillows.
- Fits any tub or jacuzzi
- Waterproof and easy to clean
- 10 year guarantee and 100% refund guarantee
- Haven’t experienced mildew or bad smell with this brand
- Perfect for those with neck arthritis or other similar issues
- Suction cups are so strong that the pillow may rip if you force the pillow from the tub. If you are taking the bath pillow out, I’d suggest using a fingernail instead to pry the suction cup slowly off the tub surface.
See Also: Top 12 Best Bath Pillows
We’re suckers for a good bluetooth speaker for the bathroom. I mean, are we the only ones who have rockin’ concerts in the shower?
This is the #1 Bestseller in Wireless and Streaming Audio Systems.
- Splash-proof and water resistant
- Great for the beach too as it’s also sandproof and rainproof
- Great sound!
- Long-lasting battery
- Can you believe one was run over by a car and it still worked? It was smashed though. So yeah, durable and well built
- No problem with connectivity
- On and off button might be difficult to locate the first time you use it
Essential oils are a wonderful natural solution if you want a pick-me-up, want to feel sleepy, or if you have a cold. There’s always an essential oil for anything and everything, thanks to aromatherapy.
These are best paired with a good diffuser. (Although the last time I used my peppermint oil was to pour a few drops on a windowsill to scare ants away.)
This is the #1 Bestseller in Fragrance Collections and Home Scents.
- For a fair price, you get 18 bottles of essential oils
- All natural with no additives; therapeutic grade
- Includes my favorites like lavender, lemongrass, rosemary, tea tree, frankincense, pink grapefruit, and many more
- Very responsive customer support
- Packaging should be improved as there is no individual cushioning for the bottles so a few buyers got theirs cracked (This is where the responsive customer support comes in.)
See Also: The 10 Best Aromatherapy Diffusers
#6 – No products found.
Bian stones are one of our favorite tools for Gua Sha massage therapy. Gua Sha is part of Traditional Chinese Medicine. It’s basically a hard scraping of the skin that results in scary red patches. It’s actually not as painful as it looks (or sounds) but it is highly therapeutic as it releses stagnant lymph and blood in the body.
Bian stones are said to be the best for Gua Sha.
No products found.
- Very affordable
- Best range of frequency for gua sha
- Authentic gua sha is done with bian stones
- Not the best pick if you have hands that are smaller than average
See Also: Learn All About Gua Sha
No products found.
Philip and I have a salt lamp in every room of our house and we have two in our bedroom. They’re also our go-to when we’re giving out presents. Many say that their salt lamps have healing properties but for those who don’t buy into that, they love their salt lamps anyway for their sheer natural beauty.
I am biased but this is one of my favorite stress relief gifts on this list.
- If you believe the health claims, they are ideal for people suffering from ashtma, allergic rhinitis and other respiratory issues
- Helps make a room smell better so it’s great for pet owners
- Uses very little electricity
- Very beautiful when lit up
- Comes with a dimmer
- Will sweat in a humid environment so you gotta keep it on
See Also: The 5 Best Salt Lamps To Buy
Paraffin baths basically do two things. First, they render your hands and skin super smooth. Second, they are great for pain relief especially for those suffering from arthritis of the hands or from carpal tunnel.
How they work is you melt wax in the paraffin bath. With the temperature just right, you immerse and dunk your hands into the wax several times to create a thick layer, and then you put your wax-encrusted hands into a plastic bag. The heat and the wax combine to heal chapped or painful hands.
The full explanation of the procedure is HERE.
- Dr. Scholl is a trusted name in foot baths
- Paraffin baths are ideal for pain from arthritis, chronic joint pain, fibromyalgia, and others
- Good for addressing muscle spasms, inflammation, sprains, scars, stiff joints, eczema, psoriasis, and so on
- One buyer had a defective machine that leaked wax
- I wouldn’t recommend to reuse wax
Portable massagers are awesome. If you’ve ever had a massage, then we don’t need to go into how amazing massages are. With these portable massagers, you simply drape it on your body, turn on the switch, and enjoy the heat and the Shiatsu massage rollers.
- Heat and massage soothes away fatigue and pain
- Recommended for people who live alone (or who have lazy husbands) and can’t get shoulder massages
- Has a safety feature that turns off heat when it gets hot
- Should not be used without a shirt on
- For a handful of buyers, the safety feature was broken
If you have a giftee who is having difficulty getting a good night’s sleep, you should give this friend a high quality pillow like the Coop Home Memory Pillow.
- Ideal for any type of sleeper, whether you sleep on your side, back, or front
- Hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant
- Washable and will not go flat
- Has a 5 year warranty
- CertiPUR-US certified foam: very safe and without toxic materials like mercury, formaldehyde, pthalates, and so o
- Has the initial bad smell of memory foam (Here’s our article on how to get rid of the smell.)
See Also: These Are the 5 Best Memory Foam Pillows
Foot spas use water charged with positive and negative ions – electrolytes – to draw toxins from your body. The Ivation is one of the top brands and models for foot spa massagers.
- You’ll get super smooth and moisturized feet; great for a detox also
- Massage function is very relaxing after a hard day on your feet
- Ideal for people with standing jobs
- Has a built-in timer, LED display, and temperature control
- Massage is weaker compared to other brands
- If you have really big feet, it might be too cramped
See Also: The Best Home Foot Spas
If you ask me, I’d say the best memory pillows are TempurPedic pillows. They’re the go-to brand for quality memory pillows. They come with an accompanying price tag though but it’s all worth it.
In fact, if you’re wondering why pillows are even in our list of stress relief gifts, I’ll just share that I had chronic neck and shoulder pain for months and months till I somehow got the brilliant idea of getting a memory pillow. (Wait, the doc told me to do it.) And my chronic pain subsided since then.
- Best for side and back sleepers
- Ideal for those with neck pain or neck arthritis (I swear I cannot use just any pillow with my cervical spondylosis)
- Double sided
- Some buyers say it’s too firm
See Also: What is the Best Tempurpedic Pillow?
Do you have a giftee who would love a portable massager for face and body? If yes, then check out this Purewave massager. You won’t break the bank but you get yourself a really good after-work massager.
- One of the best handheld percussion massagers around
- Ergonomic, has 6 massage heads and adjustable intensity
- Lightweight and cordless
- Ideal for home use
- Great for muscle recovery and sore muscles after workouts or hard labor
- For some buyers, motor gave out (and replaced by company)
See Also: The Top 5 Hand Held Massagers Reviewed
If you or your giftee dream of having a massage chair but can’t afford it, get the next best thing. Get a massage cushion. It’ll only set you back by a hundred bucks and you get a massage chair experience (albeit dialled down).
- You can really feel the massage on your neck and back; feels so great you can even fall asleep on it
- Perfect for relaxation and stress relief
- Also works for a measure of pain management (it won’t make it all go away but you’ll get some measure of relief)
- Really does what it says it does
- Quality item that lasts
- Responsive customer support
- With 1 year warranty
- Bulky (but not a big deal, in my opinion)
- You won’t like all the modes but you’ll have a favorite one that’ll be your go-to
I give you fair warning. We are entering into the realm of more expensive gifts. To even consider giving out these gifts, they would most likely be gifts to yourself, your spouse, or your beloved family.
We already featured a wooden foot massager earlier and the price is unbeatable. If you have the budget though and want something with mroe features, check out this MediMassager, arguably the best one in its niche.
- Very powerful and you can get it without a license; speeds go up to 3,700 rpm
- With a large foot pad with oscillating massage
- Targets pressure points via vibration
- Can be used even if you have diabetes (unlike the foot spas mentioned earlier that diabetics must NOT use)
- Used in clinical settings to improve feet circulation and pain relief
- Relieves pain from plantar fasciitis, foot numbness, and similar conditions
- Certifiied by the FDA for therapeutic use.
- Does not massage; it vibrates
- Did not alleviate naturopathic conditions in some buyers
This mattress is called Green Tea because it has green tea extract and castor oil. This helps keep the mattress fresh and clean. This mattress has the record for being the number 1 bestseller for mattresses and I believe this is due to a balance between the affordable price and the decent satisfaction ratings from buyers.
- No bad memory foam smell!
- Has antibacterial protection
- High satisfaction ratings from buyers
- None that we could find
Can you imagine yourself enjoying a sauna at home everyday? It blows my stressed-out brain.
The therapeutic effects of heat is common knowledge. The use of heat to rejuvenate our tired bodies goes back to ancient cultures and times. The modern twist to it though is the infrared sauna. This type of sauna emits infrared light that we experience as radiant heat. This is easily absorbed by our bodies allowing for deeper penetration.
The JNH infrared sauna is one of the top brands and models for infrared saunas.
- The best infrared sauna for 1 person use
- Great functionality and performance; has 6 heaters
- Aesthetically pleasing; you’ll feel like you’re in a spa
- Expensive (and no, the portable ones cannot compare in experience and benefit)
If you’re actually considering getting a massage chair and you have the moolah to do so, consider yourself the envy of many. A lot of people who experience massage chairs inevitably end up wanting one of their own in the comfort of their home. Alas, not everybody can afford of them. If you are still scrolling through this list, then high five!
Oh and about the Kahuna, it’s just our number 1 bestseller on our site from Day 1, is all. (Lighting strike me if I’m lying. Actually, I can lie and mention a more expensive brand but really, the Kahuna 6800 has always been our bestseller.)
- This is a budget-friendly chair that has the features of the more expensive chairs like zero gravity, heat therapy, body scan, and so on
- Has an L-track roller (longer than the S track and it extends up to your hamstrings)
- Has heat therapy
- Rough foot rollers (Easy fix is to place the packaging foam the company so kindly included for this purpose)
Read the full review: Kahuna Massage Chair LM6800 Recliner Review
Similar to heat therapy from an infrared sauna, steam therapy also has numerous health benefits ranging from physical, emotional, and beauty benefits. At the end of the day though, a whirlpool bath such as this one is premium luxury that you can enjoy at home. If you’re earning big bucks and need stress-relief to keep you healthy and at optimal performance, then consider a whirlpool bath.
- Has all the benefits of steam and heat therapy
- Has a ton of features like rainfall shower, 10 massage jets, foot massage, storage, and so on
- One of the best models for a two-person steam shower
- Has Chroma therapy lighting
- Takes up a lot of space
#20 – American Spas Hot Tubs
Our bathroom has a clawfoot tub but we don’t have this type of hot tub in our home. Still, we’ve been to many spa trips where we experienced the full benefits of a jacuzzi. Let’s just say that a hot tub is in our renovation timeline.
For the site, Philip and I have had to read up a lot on this topic. It’s not enough to just experience it. We read up on the costs and it amounts to something significant because of the initial purchase and the subsequent maintenance. To be perfectly transparent, many hot tub owners give up theirs up and have them cemented over after awhile because they realize the cost of upkeep.
Essentially, if you know exactly how much it costs to have a hot tub at home and you are the exact type of person to enjoy the full relaxation and healing benefits of a hot tub, then this premium luxury item has your name on it.
- Has 11 stainless steel hydotherapy jets
- 5.5kW heavy duty titanium heater
- Has an ozonator that purifies water
- With 50 ft reusable filters
- Plug and play; easy setup
- Aesthetic design
- Issues with delivery; make sure the delivery people have a forklift to unload it
Last update on 2017-11-23 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API