Facial wands are popular tools used by estheticians to reduce wrinkles, zap acne, and help regrow hair. The best high-frequency wand can also reduce hyperpigmentation, erase scars, and under-eye circles. These products are safe to use on all skin types, though pregnant women or those with heart disease should refrain from using this treatment.
But these products aren’t just for estheticians anymore. You can own a facial wand and take care of wrinkles, acne, and other skin irritations at home.
- Choosing the Best High-Frequency Facial Wand
- Best for Value: Signstek Portable High-Frequency Face Wand
- Best for Portability: eDiva Portable Handheld High-Frequency Skin Therapy Wand
- Best for Acne: Professional Grade Portable High-Frequency D’arsonval Facial Device
- Best for Wrinkles: Project E Beauty Professional High-Frequency Facial Machine
- Best for Total-Body: Lift Wand Professional High-Frequency Machine
- How Do High Frequency Facial Wands Work?
- Things to Consider When Buying a Facial Wand
Choosing the Best High-Frequency Facial Wand
Here are some of the best options on the market. We also considered customer feedback when selecting these products.
Best for Value: Signstek Portable High-Frequency Face Wand
The Signstek is an excellent choice for on-the-go and those on a budget. At a fraction of the cost of a professional facial wand, the Signstek is great value for those needing acne and wrinkle relief. It also offers four different attachments for use all over the face and body.
The high-frequency neon treatment helps eliminate acne, reduce wrinkles, and boost collagen production, leaving you with healthy, glowing skin.
There’s an electrode for everything. The mushroom tube is designed for use all over the body. The tongue tube is specifically for sensitive areas, like the face. There’s a bent tube for targeting smaller spots, such as zits, and the comb tube helps to stimulate the scalp for hair growth.
There are also four treatment methods for various problems: indirect high-frequency, direct high-frequency, the ‘spark’ method, and the hair-care method.
The facial wand works exceptionally well with different beauty creams and serums, too. Simply apply your preferred beauty cream or serum to your skin and use your preferred attachment. The wand will help the product absorb into your skin.
This professional-quality facial wand is easy to use: just attach the electrode that suits your needs and apply the wand to the desired area for 20–30 seconds at a time.
You should see noticeable results with acne and wrinkle reduction after just a few uses. While this may not be the most powerful facial wand on the market—offering 50-60 Hz of power—its portability and versatility are its top features.
- Fast results
- Great for sore pimples
- Works on dark bags under eyes
- Residue dissolves overnight
- There are more powerful wands available but for a higher price tag
- Safe and Natural for Improve Skin Profile: With the natural healing power of Neon high frequency treatment, this professional skin therapy...
- Boost Your Face&Body Skin: Comes with 4 High frequency electrodes in a variety of shapes for different areas of the face and body. Mushroom...
- Multi-function Tubes: With beauty creams and serums, it can help improve their absorption into your skin.
Last update on 2020-07-13 at 20:21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API / More info
Best for Portability: eDiva Portable Handheld High-Frequency Skin Therapy Wand
The eDiva Portable Facial Wand is the lightest kit on the list, weighing 1.8 pounds. This wand comes with a complete skincare system and works wonders for dark circles, crow’s feet, frown lines, and other similar skin problems.
Like the Signstek Portable Facial Wand, this product also comes with four attachments: a mushroom tube, a tongue tube, a bent wand, and a neon-powered comb wand.
Not only does the facial wand work great for acne, but it’s also effective on acne scars. The high-frequency emitted by the wand helps to kill bacteria and reduce inflammation. Using this facial wand will help with the overall smoothness and health of your skin.
The 50-60 Hz waves emitted by this product mean that it’s pain-free, even if it isn’t the most powerful kit available. In addition, the different attachments combined with the high-frequency waves help to plump the skin and leave you feeling relaxed.
This facial wand works wonderfully with creams and beauty serums, which aid in the reduction of fine lines and wrinkles. Numerous customers have seen results within just a few uses of the wand.
If you use this product for 5–10 minutes a day, you should see a noticeable difference in wrinkles within four 10-minute sessions.
- Excellent skin circulation results
- Works well with coconut oil
- Bend probe is great for painful acne
- Not effective for skin tightening for some
- COMPLETE SKIN CARE SYSTEM - Adeonsine Tri-Phosphate (ATP) is the universal currency for energy in all cells of the human body. As we age ATP...
- ACNE TREATMENT - Our Spot Treatment tip is great for rapidly treating acne and acne scars. High Frequency treatment kills the bacteria...
- IMPROVED SKIN PROFILE - Our system specializes in different areas of skin therapy like acne treatment and wrinkle reduction but regular use...
Last update on 2020-05-07 at 13:31 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API / More info
Best for Acne: Professional Grade Portable High-Frequency D’arsonval Facial Device
The D’arsonval Professional Grade Portable Facial Wand is the best high-frequency facial wand for acne. This facial wand kit comes with 10 different attachments. Seven of the electrodes use argon gas, and three use neon gas, helping to fight bacteria deep within skin cells.
The probes provided improves circulation by producing heat in affected areas using high frequencies. They also help to improve skin coloration and tone, as well as target acne and acne scars on various skin textures.
It’s a powerful design, emitting a whopping 110–400 kHz of frequency waves with each use. This helps to destroy bacteria and keep acne from forming. It’s a great buy for people who struggle with acne and scarring.
This kit is designed to be long-lasting and is much sturdier than its cheaper counterparts. The unit is powerful and can be used for several minutes at a time, as opposed to some less-expensive facial wands. This process helps to kill sebum lying in the skin’s pores and remove excess oil from the surface.
For those interested in a comprehensive facial wand kit that’s sturdy and portable, this product makes an excellent choice.
- Handy carry case
- Great for improving facial tone
- Works well with scarring
- Reduces brown spots
- You have to handle the glass with care because it is on the flimsy side
- No instructions included
- 7 ARGON ELECTRODES + 3 NEON ELECTRODES. Increase in circulation. Produces heat in the tissues, bringing nutrients to the area and removing...
- Aids desquamation. Refines the skin. Produces an erythema. Improves skin color.
- Dries the skin. Helps to heal pustules.
Last update on 2020-07-13 at 20:33 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API / More info
Best for Wrinkles: Project E Beauty Professional High-Frequency Facial Machine
The Project E Professional High-Frequency facial wand comes with six electrodes, including four neon electrodes and two argon electrodes. In addition to the full kit, you can also purchase a set with four argon electrodes or four neon electrodes only.
Like the Signstek Facial Wand, this product uses four treatments to provide you with healthy, younger-looking skin: indirect high-frequency, direct high-frequency, spark method, and hair care method.
This kit is one of the best choices for dealing with problems like wrinkles, age spots, and sagging skin around the neck area. The orange and red neon gas electrodes reduce the appearance of aging skin with every treatment.
Unlike the smaller facial wand kits, this one comes with two additional attachments: a hook electrode for small, targeted areas, and a spoon electrode that’s specifically designed for under the eyes. These attachments help target problems like crow’s feet and puffy skin under the eyes.
It’s best to use this product on problem areas 2–3 times a week. Use the product for less than 10 seconds on each area for the best results.
Be careful when handling the attachments because they’re made of glass and are somewhat delicate. Also, remember not to use the facial wand for too long—just a few seconds on each problem area will do.
- Neon tube has amazing results with acne
- Good option if you lack collagen
- Easy to adjust the intensity
- Ideal for cystic acne
- Overwhelming instructions
- Glass can break easily
- ✅ KEY BENEFITS: This high frequency device can quietly reverse aging process and bring back youthful skin, accelerates blood circulation,...
- ✅ SIX ELECTRODES: You can choose the different electrodes to treat various body part - Mushroom electrode for broad area treatment; Hook...
- ✅ SAFE, PORTABLE, AND EASY TO USE: The quality materials making it safe, comfortable, natural, and recyclable. Use it 2-3 times a week,...
Last update on 2020-07-13 at 20:33 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API / More info
Best for Total-Body: Lift Wand Professional High-Frequency Machine
The Lift Wand high-frequency model includes seven electrodes and a micro-needle roller that, together, provide a professional at-home spa treatment. The option of seven electrodes allows you to choose a specific applicator for the separate areas you wish to target.
These attachments are larger than others on the list, helping you to speed-up each treatment application. As a result, you can target the thighs, arms, neck, and face with excellent precision and speed.
To make this product an excellent purchase, it comes with a microneedle roller to help lotions and creams absorb into the skin easily.
Not only does this kit have a luxurious design for a ‘wow’ factor, but the rugged and sturdy aluminum case is durable for long travels. In addition, this material is lightweight and waterproof, allowing you to transport your treatment kit on the go.
You should see a visible difference in age spots, scars, pigmentation, and under-eye cycles in two weeks. It also utilizes 20 watts of power, for a safe and effective electrotherapy treatment every time. This figure helps to lift more wrinkles and increase skin cell turnover quicker than most wands.
- Sturdy build
- More powerful other budget options
- Clears overnight breakouts
- Great for the stomach and legs
- A rather unlucky handful have gotten damaged products, but if this happens, just ask for a replacement kit
- The NEW AND IMPROVED Lift Wand Pro includes a total of 7 electrodes and a micro needle roller, fully equipped for any professional treatment...
- DIMINISH WRINKLES & FINE LINES by oxidizing the skin to provide collagen to the face. Rejuvenate dull, tired, dry skin. Improves appearance...
- PACKAGE INCLUDES: Lift Wand high frequency tool 7 Electrodes for each specific area-Comb, Behind the Ear, Neck, Acne Rod, Spoon, Body...
Last update on 2020-07-13 at 14:51 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API / More info
How Do High Frequency Facial Wands Work?
These products use high-frequency neon technology to increase cell activity and slow the natural process of aging by supercharging cells with energy.
The wand functions by using a glass electrode to treat different parts of the body. A small electrical current passes through the gas—usually argon or neon—in the electrode, and the attachment buzzes and glows. Argon attachments tend to glow purple, and neon attachments turn an orange-red color.
During the treatment, the skin becomes warm, blood flow increases, and the frequency produces an anti-bacterial effect. This effect helps tighten skin, heal small scars and blemishes, and do away with meddlesome acne.
Things to Consider When Buying a Facial Wand
With all of the options on the market, it can be difficult to know where to start looking for the best high-frequency facial wand. Here’s a diverse list of features to consider when deciding which facial wand to buy.
Your Skin Goal
First and foremost, think about your own skincare needs. Do you find yourself battling acne? Wrinkles? Discoloration or scarring?
If you have acne or if your skin is wrinkled or discolored in spots, you might consider a larger kit with more attachments to target these specific areas on your body. A violet-colored light suggests it’s filled with violet gas, which is helpful for acne treatment.
Alternatively, if you wish to reduce the signs of aging, opt for one with high-intensity HF waves. This increases blood circulation by sending more oxygen to the skin—accelerating skin-cell turnover.
If you’re often traveling or otherwise on the go, you’ll want to purchase a lightweight and small facial wand where all the applicators can sit together in one kit.
Facial wands are more effective when used frequently, so you don’t want to miss a few days and lose effectiveness because you’re traveling. Smaller kits are generally better for traveling, as they aren’t as cumbersome and don’t take up much space.
On the other hand, if portability isn’t an issue for you, consider one of the larger facial wand sets. A bigger set may suit your skincare needs better than a smaller set. Plus, a larger kit tends to offer more applicators—this is great if you’re targeting multiple areas on your body!
Low Wattage and Frequency
The number of watts the wand sends out affects its power. A high-wattage wand—anything over 10—will boost the frequency and overall effectiveness. This means it can move fast to make the electrodes charge and vibrate.
You should also consider the frequency—measured in Hz. The higher the figure, the more frequency it emits, which again improves its effectiveness. But, if you have sensitive skin, opt for a frequency below 50Hz.
There are lots of options to consider when looking for a facial wand. From big, comprehensive kits to smaller, more portable ones, it can be difficult to know where to begin shopping for one or what things are important to know when making your purchase.
Before you buy, make sure to consider your own skincare needs, as well as the portability and the value of the product you’re going to purchase. These are all important factors in making the right decision, and it’s important to do your homework before you buy.
If we had to select one product from the options above, the Project E Wand is our top choice. This product is packed with orange and red neon electrodes that have numerous benefits. This can reduce wrinkles and fine lines, eliminate skin irritation, and improve the overall skin texture for younger-looking and smooth skin.
Plus, with four electrodes, you can conveniently target the different areas on the body. The hook is great for small areas, while the mushroom electrode can target larger areas, such as the thighs.
Whatever product you choose, you’ll see the benefit in your new facial wand. The top-rated products on this list are sure to deliver delightful results in just a few uses.