The iJoy Active 2.0 Massage Chair is a top choice for many health enthusiasts. Curious about why? Find out in this in-depth review of the product.
The iJoy Active 2.0 is called the “Perfect Fit” massage chair for a couple of reasons. It’s small and compact which means you can easily get it to fit in small spaces. It also has a nice color combination that can blend even with the elegant décor you have in your home or office.
As good as this chair is, it’s not for everyone. People with wide hips or someone over 6 feet tall may not be able to fully experience its benefits. For everyone else, this massage chair is still a good deal, particularly for its price.
Human Touch is one of the leading suppliers of massage chair in the country. Its products are sought-after for their design, technology and benefits. The company has been around for more than 35 years and has gained a lot of loyal customers, including chiropractors, therapists and people looking for chronic pain relief.
Human Touch claims to be the only brand endorsed by the World Federation of Chiropractors.
iJoy Active 2.0 Massage Chair Specs
- Recommended User Height (approx): 6’1”
- Recommended Max. User Weight: 200 lbs
- Power Consumption (Watts): 125
- Recline Angle: 100 to 125 degrees
- Weight (lbs): 45
- (H” x W” x D”): 32 x 27 x 30 inches
- Color: Espresso/Gray, Bone/Gray
- Patent-pending orbital massage technology which simulates the hand techniques of professional massage therapists- Stretch, Orbit and Glide
- Three therapeutic massage auto-programs to address your specific needs:
- Think: refreshes your back
- Perform: relieves tension in your neck and shoulder area
- Recharge: relaxes your lower back
- Sleek and compact design
- Made of SofHyde material to replicate the look and durability of leather
- Easy to use remote for instant access to targeted muscles
- Uses a combination of roller and vibration massage
- Width adjustment for changing massage focus
If you buy this iJoy Massage Chair directly from Human Touch, you’ll be entitled to its 12-month limited warranty. It can protect you from cases of manufacturing errors and technical breakdowns.
Pros of the iJoy Active 2.0
Different Massage Techniques
With this chair, you can use different massage techniques depending on your body’s needs and your preferences. You can choose a rolling massage or relax with two static massage techniques. If you’re feeling too tired to do your own setup, you can just select from the massage chair’s auto massage programs.
The massage feature of this chair can be a little too intense. It can even leave you feeling sore for a few days, particularly if it’s your first time using it. However, as you get desensitized and used to its power, you’ll soon find it soothing and relaxing, especially to the deep layers of your muscles.
If you love the results you get from going to professional massage therapists, then you’ll surely enjoy this chair. It can mimic professional massage techniques to give you a handful of targeted benefits.
Its orbit technique, for example, can relieve sore and tense muscles such as you get from heavy lifting. Its glide technique, on the other hand, can improve blood circulation in your back area.
Unlike many rivals, this chair is compact. The iJoy Active 2.0 is perfect for people who live in apartments and small homes.
It looks good as a piece of furniture and can blend with almost all living rooms or even office spaces. Its size makes it easy to fit it in corners. Plus, you won’t even have to worry about who’s going to help you move it around.
Cons of the iJoy Active 2.0
Not Wide and Tall Enough
Even though the chair claims to fit just about anyone, people with wider hips may find sitting on it uncomfortable. The width option does help very little as well, especially if you’re on the heavier side.
If you are taller, say around 6’, you may need to shift a bit now and then to hit the right spots. And with constant shifting, you may not be able to feel as relaxed with this chair as you’d hope.
Base Is Too Low
One thing to note about this chair is that it makes you sit close to the ground. This isn’t really a big issue but if you prefer a massage chair that goes around the height of your dining chair, this isn’t the one. The iJoy Active 2.0 goes as low as your sofa and can be difficult to sit on if you have hip problems.
Lacks a few features
This chair doesn’t come short when it comes to its quality of massage. However, there are a few things you wish it had that would make the experience a lot better. For example, the iJoy Active 2.0 doesn’t come with a foot rest.
It also doesn’t recline as far as other traditional massage chairs can. There’s no heating feature, either.
If you are looking for the ultimate relaxation experience, this might not be the most comfortable chair for you. Without a foot rest or zero-gravity technology, sitting on this narrow massage chair for a long period of time can be far from being comfortable.
That said, the iJoy Active 2.0 Massage Chair is compact, portable and effective as a massage chair. It’s primarily intended to give powerful performance without eating a lot of space at home. It has a sleek design with a color combination that isn’t painful to the eye. It’s a good choice if you’re on a tight budget or you simply want to get a strong and reliable massage at home.
- Simulates the hand techniques of expert massage therapists using Stretch, Orbit, and Glide motion and massage pressure to deliver remarkably...
- Choose your auto-program. THINK: refreshes your entire back. PERFORM: relieves neck and shoulder tension. RECHARGE: rejuvenates your lower...
- Soothing and sensitive, Human Touch's patent pending orbital massage technology FlexGlideTM massage solution delivers a stress-reducing...
Last update on 2018-01-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API